corner corner Problem to verify my account....

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Problem to verify my account....

I find book crossing an interesting idea and I created an account a few days ago under a different screeen name/e-mail but I am very disappointed as I run into many functionable problems.
Upon creating my account (Delphi_Girl) I did not receive a confirmation e-mail with an activation link at all, but I appeared loged in and even managed to register one book. I then signed out and every time I tried to sign-in I got a message to press here to receive e-mail with a link to activate my account as it is not verified yet. The problem is that click here is a non-active, unclickable link, I don't know how else to describe this... I send a message through "Contact Us" form to support team yesterday, but I am not even sure if they got it. Do you get an automate response on your e-mail that they got your message and look on it?

I have now create a new account using a different e-mail adress but again I have not receive any confirmation e-mail, although I appear to be loged in and obviously I am posting here. I am sure that after I sign out I will face the same problem again :(

Maybe I have somehow confused the system as I am located in Greece, I am Greek and I have chose English (USA) as my language for the site? -I was planning to release a few English and a few Greek language books....- Message to activate my account appears half in Greek and half in English.

I am not sure if I could reply to this thread after sign-out, but I hope I could read your responses....

Thanks for any help!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I find book crossing an interesting idea and I created an account a few days ago under a different screeen name/e-mail but I am very disappointed as I run into many functionable problems.
Upon creating my account (Delphi_Girl) I did not receive a confirmation e-mail with an activation link at all, but I appeared loged in and even managed to register one book. I then signed out and every time I tried to sign-in I got a message to press here to receive e-mail with a link to activate my account as it is not verified yet. The problem is that click here is a non-active, unclickable link, I don't know how else to describe this... I send a message through "Contact Us" form to support team yesterday, but I am not even sure if they got it. Do you get an automate response on your e-mail that they got your message and look on it?

I have now create a new account using a different e-mail adress but again I have not receive any confirmation e-mail, although I appear to be loged in and obviously I am posting here. I am sure that after I sign out I will face the same problem again :(

Maybe I have somehow confused the system as I am located in Greece, I am Greek and I have chose English (USA) as my language for the site? -I was planning to release a few English and a few Greek language books....- Message to activate my account appears half in Greek and half in English.

I am not sure if I could reply to this thread after sign-out, but I hope I could read your responses....

Thanks for any help!
Profile Image
I am not even sure if they got it.

We most likely did. We are receiving a lot of similar tickets right now, so it seems that we have a problem with the verification emails. This is a big problem obviously!
The Tech Team has been notified; until they can fix it, we will simply have to verify new member accounts manually, upon request.
So please hang in there for just a while; all incoming tickets will be dealt with as soon as we can.

And if anyone who reads this joined and did not get a verification email: please send us a message through the Contact link at the bottom of this page.

Delphi_Reader, your account is now verified. Welcome to BookCrossing and sorry for the trouble!
Profile Image
Very new on this website and was troubled at first....I wasn't sure if it worths the effort if I couldn't even sign-in properly, but I hope things go smooth from now on.

Thank you for shorting things out : )
Profile Image
I'm sorry you had problems from the start. I hope that you will like it here as much as I do, and that things will go smoothly from now on.

Welcome from Maine, USA. Enjoy!
Profile Image
Thank you solittletime .

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.