corner corner How to change PM settings?

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

How to change PM settings?

I was told that I need to adjust my setting so people can send me messages without getting a warning not to PM me about book offers. I don't recall ever marking anything in my profile to say that. I can not find anything in my profile settings to change this. Where do I go to change this? Thank you.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I was told that I need to adjust my setting so people can send me messages without getting a warning not to PM me about book offers. I don't recall ever marking anything in my profile to say that. I can not find anything in my profile settings to change this. Where do I go to change this? Thank you.
Profile Image
I think that's the "contacted by members" option in your profile. If it's currently set to "no" then just set it to "yes", and then scroll down to hit the "save" button at the bottom of the page. (You can try sending a PM to yourself first, to see how the PM screen looks to others now, and again after you've changed the setting.)
Profile Image
My " Contacted by members" options has always been set to Yes. I re-saved it anyway. Tried to send myself a PM and it still has that warning. So that's not it.
Profile Image
Ah, right - that must be the PM enable/disable switch. [Yeah, the terminology could be a bit more helpful on the profile page!] Try the "wishlist notifications" option - I bet that's the one you want.
Profile Image
I think that did the trick! Thank you GoryDetails.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.