corner corner Ordering from the store for the UK

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Ordering from the store for the UK

Can someone tell me what the latest is for shipping to the UK. I remember that ages ago I ordered from a different profile and got landed with loads of customs charges because it was shipped from America. I think I heard its now shipped from the EU so its OK, but I want to check before I make an order.
Thanks.

Complete Thread

Profile Image

Can someone tell me what the latest is for shipping to the UK. I remember that ages ago I ordered from a different profile and got landed with loads of customs charges because it was shipped from America. I think I heard its now shipped from the EU so its OK, but I want to check before I make an order.
Thanks.
Profile Image
All Supply Store orders are now shipped from mainland Europe.
Profile Image

Thanks Moem. That's what I thought but I was confused by the worldwide shipping costs only stated in dollars.
Profile Image
I was confused by the worldwide shipping costs only stated in dollars.

Yeah, I can imagine. The thing is, we need a base currency, for several reasons. There is no way to show that information in all currencies, and have it stay correct as rates fluctuate. And since BookCrossing was born in the US, we use dollars as the base currency. It's not such a bad one, really: most people have some idea of how much the dollar is worth.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.