corner corner Book Ratings

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Book Ratings

This morning I noticed all the books registered on my bookshelf had a prominent book rating added. I don't want these ratings on my registered books. How can I remove it?

Complete Thread

Profile Image

Book Ratings

This morning I noticed all the books registered on my bookshelf had a prominent book rating added. I don't want these ratings on my registered books. How can I remove it?
Profile Image
If you are the one who rated the books, you can edit your journal entries to set the rating to 'haven't read'. If it was someone else who rated the book, you can't remove it. I don't see a rating on every book on your shelf, by the way.
Profile Image
Looking at your shelf, I see some books without ratings and some with. Any books that have been journaled by people other than you will show any ratings added by those people, and there isn't anything you can do about that. (If you gave books ratings yourself and want to undo them, you can edit your journal entry and change the rating to "haven't read".)

If there are particular books that are showing with ratings on your bookshelf and that you think should not, you could post a link so we can see if there's anything weird about them.

If you just want a version of the bookshelf-view that doesn't display ratings at all, well, I think you're out of luck - the site has always displayed the ratings along with the other book info. That hasn't changed that I know of, though the site has been experiencing some page-refresh glitches that might affect the *appearance* of the pages; if that's what's happening, a refresh should fix it.
Profile Image
"This book has not been rated," which is new. Yet another oddity, in addition to those I listed in the Bugs and Broken Bits forum.
Profile Image
"This book has not been rated," which is new. Yet another oddity, in addition to those I listed in the Bugs and Broken Bits forum.

That's odd. I'm not seeing that on my shelf, even when I sort by recently-registered-first. Are you using the normal bookshelf view or some other view/sort option?
Profile Image
Normal bookshelf view. It's just another of the many oddities. Not showing right now.

BC gremlins at work.
Profile Image
I registered Sue Henry's "The End of the Road" clicked Update Cover Photo and selected a photo. Today I noticed that I had selected the wrong cover photo. How can I delete the incorrect cover I selected?
Profile Image
I registered Sue Henry's "The End of the Road" clicked Update Cover Photo and selected a photo. Today I noticed that I had selected the wrong cover photo. How can I delete the incorrect cover I selected?

I just update the correct cover in place of whatever image was there before. (If you try this and it doesn't seem to take right away, give it a few hours - I've seen cases where the site displays older images for quite a while after they were changed, but eventually it does catch up.)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.