corner corner help making release notes.

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

help making release notes.

I plan on releasing some books on my way to Toronto this weekend. Somewhere along the 401. We''ll have to stop for lunch,coffee and bathroom breaks. Can I release without a specific city or should I just do a journal entry?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I plan on releasing some books on my way to Toronto this weekend. Somewhere along the 401. We''ll have to stop for lunch,coffee and bathroom breaks. Can I release without a specific city or should I just do a journal entry?
Profile Image
Can I release without a specific city

Yes, you can. There are special release zones for US states and for the US as a whole, for "-- Highways, roadsides, and services", which should cover the kinds of things you're talking about. Or, if you know specific rest stops/eateries/etc. that you're likely to hit, you could check the appropriate state/town to see if there are existing zones for those; I do like to add little red numbers to as many states and towns as possible when I'm on a road trip, even if it does mean doing some fiddling to figure out which town a particular interstate rest stop is in!

Or, you could use the journal-entry method, as you mentioned, with the option to add more accurate release notes after the fact for books that haven't been caught yet.

FWIW, I generally use a mix of release-notes-in-advance for spots I know I'm going to hit, and release-notes-after-the-fact for everything else. On the rare occasions when I get a catch before I've made release notes, I edit the previous JE to add the release info and any pictures.
Profile Image
Thank you. I did see Highways, roadsides, and services in other release notes but I could not find it! Looking in the wrong place. I did a little searching and found it!
Profile Image
If you have a GPS you can check it & release by exact location too.
Or print these, they may help: http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/---/southindexpdf.shtml

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.