corner corner ETA Moving this to correct forum-sorted

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | << Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image
It has a warning sign in the URL but seems to be working ok. Bye Bye IE6!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I was unable to login at work today so used contact us.
When I got home I found that my query had been rejected and my email address is blocked for spamming.

I am still logged in at home but daren't log out incase I can't get back in again. Is there anyway this can be resolved so I can log on using my email address and password when I am using other devices?

ETA - this may be the code that is blocking me

dmarc=fail (p=QUARANTINE dis=QUARANTINE) header.from=aol.co.uk
Profile Image
A blocked email address does not mean that you can't log in with it. Sending email and logging in to BookCrossing are entirely separate things.

As long as you have your email address as it's saved inside your profile, and your password, you should always be able to log in. Are you very sure that they were both correct when you tried logging in at work?
Profile Image
Yes I amsure. That's fine I can understand there may have been a problem with my logging in then but I have tried contact us twice now to report the problem and have had the following message (I edited my email address apart from the aol.co.uk):

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

support_bc_4_2008@bookcrossing.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Your email to group support_bc_4_2008@bookcrossing.com was rejected due to spam classification. To address this issue:

* Contact the owner of the group, who can choose to enable message moderation instead of bouncing these emails.
* Set up SPF records for your sending domain if you have not done so already.

Instructions for both steps can be found here: https://support.google.com/a/answer/168383.

----- Original message -----

X-Received: by 10.129.34.133 with SMTP id i127mr17552702ywi.153.1453144427862;
Mon, 18 Jan 2016 11:13:47 -0800 (PST)
Return-Path: <@@@@@@aol.co.uk>
Received: from http://www.bookcrossing.com (bookcrossing.com. [206.72.121.100])
by mx.google.com with SMTP id m205si15512591ywb.108.2016.01.18.11.13.47
for <support_bc_4_2008@bookcrossing.com>;
Mon, 18 Jan 2016 11:13:47 -0800 (PST)
Received-SPF: fail (google.com: domain of d&&&&&&@aol.co.uk does not designate 206.72.121.100 as permitted sender) client-ip=206.72.121.100;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
spf=fail (google.com: domain of &&&&&&&@aol.co.uk does not designate 206.72.121.100 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=$$$$$$$@aol.co.uk;
dmarc=fail (p=QUARANTINE dis=QUARANTINE) header.from=aol.co.uk
To: "support_bc_4_2008@bookcrossing.com" <support_bc_4_2008@bookcrossing.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 14:13:46 -0500
Subject: Unable to login
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-Mailer: aspNetEmail ver 3.5.2.0
X-Mailer: BookCrossing.com Mailer
X-Originating-IP: 206.72.121.100
Message-ID: <sup_20160118021346355#-1357869031@bookcrossing.com>

Subject: Unable to login
I was at work today and unable to login and reported it. when I got home it says you have rejected my email as a spammer.
I am not a spammer I have been a member for 5 years - can you let me know why I wasn't able to log on and why I got this email - some details blow
Thanks

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
support_bc_4_2008@bookcrossing.com
Technical details of permanent failure:
Your email to group support_bc_4_2008@bookcrossing.com was rejected due to spam classification. To address this issue:
* Contact the owner of the group, who can choose to enable message moderation instead of bouncing these emails.
* Set up SPF records for your sending domain if you have not done so already.
Instructions for both steps can be found here: https://support.google.com/a/answer/168383.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Reason for contact: Support
IP: http://ws.arin.net/---/whois.pl?...
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS x86_64 7520.67.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/47.0.2526.110 Safari/537.36
Username: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/Diane-Fraser
Email: ***********@aol.co.uk
Profile Image
Very odd. I'll pass this on to a member of the Tech Team.
Profile Image
Very odd. I'll pass this on to a member of the Tech Team.

Thanks Moem

It'll be interesting to see what they make of it.
Profile Image
but I have managed to login on my mobile just now. I wil try work tomorrow again.

Will I be able to contact support if I need to in the future or will that email remain blocked as a spammer?

Admittedly I have sent questions in about things in the past however only in single figures so far :-)
Profile Image
I made some modification on our end, but I'm not sure that solved the problem.

Please send just another test message the same way you did the first time.

Thank you!
Profile Image
Test sent - nothing showing in my inbox. I'll have another look in the morning. Thanks for looking into it.
Profile Image
Yes, it came through.

And in a way that shows this didn't just happen by accident.

Thank you for having alerted us!
Profile Image
No problem - I received the 'Thank you for contacting us' email too so all looks to be working fine again :)

Profile Image
all looks to be working fine again :)

I certainly hope so! We can't have you disappearing, D-F - you're essential to SIY 35 :-)
Thanks, Ardik and Moem!
Profile Image

Nope.

Still can't login on my work computer :(
My IP address probably changed this week as I moved to a differnt location.
Profile Image

I log in with several different computers, and different IP addresses have never been a problem. It is with Hotmail though.
Profile Image

I log in with several different computers, and different IP addresses have never been a problem. It is with Hotmail though.

Thanks. If it isn't that I think it may be the computer - they rebuilt it and I have lots of issues with my software, folders etc. We have two browsers IE6 (very dated but still worked ok before the rebuild) and Mozilla (didn't try that). I'll have another try next week. Luckily I still have a direct link to the forums so I can still lurk, it's just frustrating that I have to wait until I get home to post anything. Still, it means I might get more reading in at lunch time now!
Profile Image
Mozilla (didn't try that).

I'd give that a go then. It might just work. IE6 is very outdated indeed.
Profile Image
It has a warning sign in the URL but seems to be working ok. Bye Bye IE6!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.