corner corner Uploading photos to releases

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Uploading photos to releases

One of my favourite things to do when I release books is to release in an interesting place and post a photo. Since the site upgrade I have been unable to do this. I have not changed the way I used to do it and cannot understand why I get an error when I attempt to upload a photo, specially when I see most other people are still able to attach photos. Any ideas of what I can do to remedy this please anyone?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
One of my favourite things to do when I release books is to release in an interesting place and post a photo. Since the site upgrade I have been unable to do this. I have not changed the way I used to do it and cannot understand why I get an error when I attempt to upload a photo, specially when I see most other people are still able to attach photos. Any ideas of what I can do to remedy this please anyone?
Profile Image
Sorry you're having trouble. I haven't had any problems uploading images, so I can only suggest some of the usual "try different stuff to see if it narrows down the cause" things:

First, double-check your JEs; sometimes the error messages aren't accurate, indicating a problem when something actually was registered/posted/uploaded.

If that's not the case, and if you've tried uploading the same image several times with no success, you might try editing the image to reduce its size. The site's supposed to automatically resize images over a certain limit, but if your images are pretty large to begin with that might be adding enough time/overhead to the process to cause the process to time out.

If that doesn't help either, you might try switching computers or browsers to see if you have better luck. That's not a convenient solution, but if, say, you've been using a handheld device and the recent site changes affected something that has to do with that interface, you might be able to upload pictures from a desktop or laptop PC.

The only other thing I can think of is the location of the image files; I always fetch mine from a directory on my hard drive, and haven't tried things like loading them directly from the camera or my Flickr account or some other source. I would have thought that any image the "browse" function could access could be uploaded, but if your images weren't on your computer's hard drive you might try copying one there and seeing if the upload works better that way. [Yeah, I'm reaching, here!]
Profile Image
First, double-check your JEs; sometimes the error messages aren't accurate, indicating a problem when something actually was registered/posted/uploaded.

Yes, the site has often told me a registration didn't go through lately, when it went through just fine.

I am still able to upload pix but these are just cover photos I took on my cell phone, then emailed to my computer and uploaded from there. (There is probably a more efficient way, but I don't know what it is.)

Good luck on solving the problem.
Profile Image
Thanks so much, my new phone is obviously taking larger images. When I reduced them to 75% of original size they all uploaded without a problem

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.