corner corner Can I use the logo to make my own labels?

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Can I use the logo to make my own labels?

When I realized I could print out a sheet of labels on one of those Avery solid sheet things, I started cutting the labels out in shapes other than strict rectangles. I liked the way they looked and they seemed somehow friendlier. What I'm wondering is: could I use the logo and signpost artwork on the site to design my own labels? Nothing crazy, just moving things around. I am happy to conform to whatever color, font, and/or text requirements you deem necessary. I'd be perfectly willing to submit any designs for approval before I'd use them, because I do not not NOT want to adversely affect this brand you've created and have stewardship of. (gag, gag -- business-speak) So if this is not cool, it is just not cool and that's not a problem. I understand you need to be thinking about marketing and future financial support of the site. Thanks for making me care enough to even want to design labels.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
When I realized I could print out a sheet of labels on one of those Avery solid sheet things, I started cutting the labels out in shapes other than strict rectangles. I liked the way they looked and they seemed somehow friendlier. What I'm wondering is: could I use the logo and signpost artwork on the site to design my own labels? Nothing crazy, just moving things around. I am happy to conform to whatever color, font, and/or text requirements you deem necessary. I'd be perfectly willing to submit any designs for approval before I'd use them, because I do not not NOT want to adversely affect this brand you've created and have stewardship of. (gag, gag -- business-speak) So if this is not cool, it is just not cool and that's not a problem. I understand you need to be thinking about marketing and future financial support of the site. Thanks for making me care enough to even want to design labels.
Profile Image
killer - knock yourself out. All we care about is that the URL and the BCID is on the book. You can spray paint them on if the spirit leads ya. :)
Profile Image
I finally figured out how to download and print out the labels, but I have to get a new black ink cartridge. Sooooo, I made my own labels in pretty colors [maybe that's a girl thing?], and they look great. Then I made my own labels and used the little book with feet guy, and I set the printer on HIGH QUALITY, since there's just a *little* black on him, and it worked very nicely. I just added something about releasing "so others may enjoy it" and my nickname.

I also made paper bands to wrap around the book, telling people to check inside the front cover. I figure taping the band to itself to make a *ring* or *band* would keep it there, rather than having just a sticky note on the cover. I guess we'll find out if it works or not. I'm getting ready to release my first book this week. :-)

Cat-A

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.