corner corner More of a wondering than a question.

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

More of a wondering than a question.

I sometimes put in a journey entry saying I'll review and update later when I'm doing release notes, possibly because I will finish the book on the journey to release it or something similar. I know the previous people will get the release notes entry but do they get an email when I edit the previous journal?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I sometimes put in a journey entry saying I'll review and update later when I'm doing release notes, possibly because I will finish the book on the journey to release it or something similar. I know the previous people will get the release notes entry but do they get an email when I edit the previous journal?
Profile Image
I know the previous people will get the release notes entry but do they get an email when I edit the previous journal?

No, they don't. As far as I know, edited journal entries aren't forwarded to those with the book on their bookshelves — only new ones. (Just as well. I've edited this forum entry a few times now, spotting a new spelling or grammatical error every time I read through it once saved. If this was a book journal, other users would hate it if they received a new email every time I changed my mind.)

What you can do, provided the JE you want to edit is the last one, is to create a new one and then delete or modify the placeholder entry. This works well for release notes as well (which are just a special kind of JE): one can do the release note beforehand, thereby making sure the book doesn't get caught before one has had time to do a release note. Later, one has the choice to replace the provisional release note or, if the book has been caught since and the release note is no longer the latest entry in the book's journal, edit the note one made before.
Profile Image
I didn't think they would but it's something I wonder every time I do a later review.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.