corner corner Wings purchase

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Wings purchase

In the past, once I purchased Wings they would show up immediately. I just bought wings and they did not appear. Is this normal and how long does it take now?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
In the past, once I purchased Wings they would show up immediately. I just bought wings and they did not appear. Is this normal and how long does it take now?
Profile Image
Is this normal and how long does it take now?

The Store has recently been upgraded to different software, and it's not yet completely set up the way it needs to be. This means that Wings purchased through PayPal and credit cards are not automatic right now, but instead applied by hand, and this happens as soon as the person in charge gets around to it.
If you paid by bank transfer, your Wings will be applied manually as soon as we check the bank account and see the payment arrive. This will most likely take a bit longer.

Okay, now that I think about it, I guess the answer to your first question is No. But I can't answer the second one.
Profile Image
I bought wings three days, ago for the winner of a sweeps. I just checked and it says the order is still awaiting processing.
Profile Image
I bought wings three days, ago for the winner of a sweeps. I just checked and it says the order is still awaiting processing.

It doesn't necessarily mean the wings have not been applied, you'll have to check the recipient's page. I bought a pair of wings for someone last week, just as the update kicked in, and they were manually activated a few hours later, but the order is still marked as "Awaiting Processing" on my store account page.
Profile Image
the order is still marked as "Awaiting Processing" on my store account page.

Yeah, this is all quite new to us and nothing has been marked as processed yet.
Profile Image

When I posted they still hadn't been applied. Looks like they have now. The winner got wings from a few people. I'm sure she'll let us know when she notices them.
Thanks for the info Moem.
Profile Image

I bet! :)
Profile Image
Didn't want to mislead anyone, but it may well be that my wings arrival was because I was blessed by a fellow Bookcrosser as part of a Release Challenge and that they are not due to my 11/6/2015 Bookstore purchase, so they may still be working the bugs out of the new Site updates, and I may not have Wings from my purchase yet. Is there a way for us to see how much time is left before our wings expire in our accounts? Does Wings reward for a $40 Bookstore purchase include tax, or is it before tax? Need to get my surprise Xmas Wing gifting budget and purchase timing worked out! ; )
Profile Image
Is there a way for us to see how much time is left before our wings expire in our accounts?

Either leave your mouse over your own wings at the top right of the screen (where it reads "(username), you're logged in", or visit the "Edit profile" page (http://www.bookcrossing.com/editprofile) and scroll down to "Wings Features" section where you'll find the wings expiration date.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.