corner corner How does one delete a duplicate thread?

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

How does one delete a duplicate thread?

I am trying to provide assistance for babypooh, who ended up with two "Fall Frenzy" Release Threads...possibly due to a system glitch. I am recommending she edit the main thread with (Duplicate) behind it in order to distinguish it for the time being.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I am trying to provide assistance for babypooh, who ended up with two "Fall Frenzy" Release Threads...possibly due to a system glitch. I am recommending she edit the main thread with (Duplicate) behind it in order to distinguish it for the time being.
Profile Image
Yup, that's the best solution, as you can't delete duplicate threads.

If you've ever noticed threads with just a dot in the subject line, or threads titled "nothing here" and similar, those are precisely such duplicate threads that got edited. And we get to have fun in them. Here's an example:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/514756
Profile Image
HAHAHAHAHA! That thread is TOO FUNNY, vedranaster! : ) Thanks for your reply!
Profile Image
If a duplicate thread hasn't been replied to yet, I think the author can delete it - or, if not, BC Support could do it. However, at the moment the site-update glitches are preventing both deletions and even basic editing of one's own posts. Once the fixes are made for that, one thread's parent message could be edited as needed.
Profile Image
Thanks for your reply, GoryDetails! ; ) I think part of the trouble was that I replied to it since it was the first one at the top of the list when I found it. Can't imagine the difficulty the BC Team is going through trying to get everything all worked out with all of the wonderful updates to the site. SUCH a CHALLENGE!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.