corner corner Posting a "catch" link from an iphone

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Posting a "catch" link from an iphone

My desk top computer is dead and I need to get the hang of my new laptop with my son's help. In the meantime I've been trying to post links of catches in site watch via my iPhone. The BC pages are set out differently on the iPhone so I can't copy the bcid details at the top of the page as I did on my PC. They just aren't there! Can anyone help or do I have to wait until my laptop is up and running? Thanks.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
My desk top computer is dead and I need to get the hang of my new laptop with my son's help. In the meantime I've been trying to post links of catches in site watch via my iPhone. The BC pages are set out differently on the iPhone so I can't copy the bcid details at the top of the page as I did on my PC. They just aren't there! Can anyone help or do I have to wait until my laptop is up and running? Thanks.
Profile Image
You can type the link by hand. I'll give you an example below, with some extra spaces so you can see the complete URL (web address):

http :// www. bookcrossing. com / journal / 12053380

Of course, the number at the end should be the public part of the BCID that you want to link to. Leaving the spaces out will make it a clickable link.
Profile Image
A friend just told me how to do this recently. Tap on the URL at the top of the page that just says bookcrossing.com when you are in the book that you want. When you tap on it, it shows the full URL for that page and you can do a copy and paste to post the catch. I hope my instructions were clear enough. It does work. I used it a few times during the month my computer was broken.
Profile Image
Thanks to you both. Will try it later as I'm going out very shortly. Book crossers always solve my technical problems!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.