It's this one, right?http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13560235/
Congrats on the quick catch, and welcome to BookCrossing!
...someone found the book and registered it *before* I made release notes. I'm happy, but on the other hand my "releases caught" hasn't updated to reflect this, my count is off. Is there anything I can do to fix this, or just chalk it up to experience?
The site *should* count this as a catch, IMO, but it currently does not; as currently implemented, you have to have made release notes for the subsequent JE to count as a catch in the stats. (Note that if you select the "caught" entry from the listbox at the upper-right of your profile page, you will see this book listed along with your other "caught" books, so in that sense things are working fine.)
If you make release notes now, your "books released" stat will be correct, but unless the finder journals this book again you still won't get credit for the catch, and it'll make it look as though the book's still in the wild rather than in the possession of the finder; I don't recommend this.
What I do in such cases is to edit my existing JE to include info about where and when I released the book. If I have a release photo I'll upload that to the JE as well. And I may add a note to thank the finder for journaling; they might not re-read the JEs to see the message, but at least it's there.
As for stats, I've given up on having them be 100% accurate. If you'd like to be precise, you can start keeping track yourself, and post your own stats in your extended profile; for a while I was trying to do that but after enough time (and lots of books) I decided to let it go.
Hope that helps - and congrats on getting some lovely catches so soon after starting BookCrossing!