corner corner Didn't jot down the BCID

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Didn't jot down the BCID

I found one of Linda's *Twist of Texas* books in my brother's house while I was cleaning up after his death. I wild-released it near Texas State University in San Marcos, but didn't write the BCID down, figuring I could always find it later. Well, I'd forgotten she mailed the book directly to Scott, who didn't journal it.

Could someone on support pleeeeaaase wild-release this book to a bench near TSU: http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/4009079/. The date was June 24, around noon central (US) time.

Thanks, if you can help.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I found one of Linda's *Twist of Texas* books in my brother's house while I was cleaning up after his death. I wild-released it near Texas State University in San Marcos, but didn't write the BCID down, figuring I could always find it later. Well, I'd forgotten she mailed the book directly to Scott, who didn't journal it.

Could someone on support pleeeeaaase wild-release this book to a bench near TSU: http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/4009079/. The date was June 24, around noon central (US) time.

Thanks, if you can help.
Profile Image
Why don't you write them a note? I'm sure they'll be happy to send you the complete BCID so you can make the release note yourself and it'll be on your shelf.
Profile Image
Why don't you write them a note? I'm sure they'll be happy to send you the complete BCID so you can make the release note yourself and it'll be on your shelf.

I wish it weren't too late for this, but she (the author and bookcrosser who originally registered it) passed away in March.

I hope someone finds it and journals it. It is a very well-written and interesting book!
Profile Image
she (the author and bookcrosser who originally registered it) passed away in March.

Sorry, I meant Support. They're the go-to folks for questions about BCIDs.
Profile Image
Hi Megi53

I PMed you the BCID for the book, so you can do a wild-release JE for it. Thanks for releasing it.

Good luck with the story behind this story. We think of you in your loss.

The BC Support Team
Profile Image
I fixed it (and today I wild-released a book that had a prenumbered label; very nearly forgot to write it down as well!) I need to be more organized and less impulsive with my releases.
Profile Image
I need to be more organized and less impulsive with my releases.

I carry a release notebook with me whenever I leave the house (since you just never know when you might have to make a release) and always write down the date, time, place, BCIDs AND titles. (Of course, some people might have memories, but for those who don't, like me, it helps to have the notebook with all releases listed.) The reason I write down both BCID and title is that if I leave a digit out of the BCID or reverse a couple of numbers or whatever, it is very easy to find it if I also have the title. But if I have just the title, or just an incorrect or incomplete number it is impossible for me to be sure I've got the right one.

And when I get home and make the release note, I mark over it with a highlighter so I know it's done.
Profile Image
Brilliant, solittletime!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.