corner corner When Error Messages aren't Errors

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

When Error Messages aren't Errors

I was registering a book using a pre-numbered label, and started out on my bookshelf page. I didn't realize I wasn't logged in. It did figure out that it was I registering the book (that was in my name/ID with no journal entry), but when I tried to rate the book and put in notes it gave me an error message. I thought that meant it didn't register, so I did it all again multiple times.

I finally figured out that I wasn't logged on, and did so. Saw that the book is registered by me, and I deleted my additional journal entries stating it was registered with no journal entry. And, I edited the original journal entry with my rating and what I'd wanted to say.

There are still several identical journal entries by "Anonymous" who has also set the book as Available. Is there any way those entries can be deleted? (I also added to the original journal entry how there ended up being so many duplicate JEs.)

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12456439

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I was registering a book using a pre-numbered label, and started out on my bookshelf page. I didn't realize I wasn't logged in. It did figure out that it was I registering the book (that was in my name/ID with no journal entry), but when I tried to rate the book and put in notes it gave me an error message. I thought that meant it didn't register, so I did it all again multiple times.

I finally figured out that I wasn't logged on, and did so. Saw that the book is registered by me, and I deleted my additional journal entries stating it was registered with no journal entry. And, I edited the original journal entry with my rating and what I'd wanted to say.

There are still several identical journal entries by "Anonymous" who has also set the book as Available. Is there any way those entries can be deleted? (I also added to the original journal entry how there ended up being so many duplicate JEs.)

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/12456439/
Profile Image
The best way to resolve this, should it happen again, is to log it with BC Support. You can reach us by clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.

In this case: I've deleted all the AF JEs, so you should be able to redo it the way you want.
Profile Image
Thank you so much!! :)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.