corner corner Help please... Searching the site...

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Help please... Searching the site...

I have found a mention of bookcrossing in a 4-year-old magazine, and wondered if it had been posted anywhere on the forum/s

I can't find a forum for 'mentions in the press, on radio, tv etc' so tried to do a search on the Bulletin Board forum, for nil result

Would some kind soul please advise which forum/s I should search in, and what the search terms should be?

(I did try an 'All Forums' search but my link is tenuous, and drops out very easily)

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I have found a mention of bookcrossing in a 4-year-old magazine, and wondered if it had been posted anywhere on the forum/s

I can't find a forum for 'mentions in the press, on radio, tv etc' so tried to do a search on the Bulletin Board forum, for nil result

Would some kind soul please advise which forum/s I should search in, and what the search terms should be?

(I did try an 'All Forums' search but my link is tenuous, and drops out very easily)
Profile Image
...includes "new media exposure" in its header-description, so that one would be the most appropriate, but people have sometimes posted such things in Chit-Chat as well (and/or in the language-specific forums if the article was in a language other than English).

That may not help with your search - the forum-search is a bit fussy, and can leave out hits due to differences in spacing or punctuation from the search-string, among other things.

You could go ahead and post the reference yourself, with a note that it may have been mentioned before. After 4 years I don't think anyone would mind another mention!
Profile Image
Many, many thanks GoryDetails :)

GoryDetails ----->includes "new media exposure" in its header-description

This was why I tried to search the 'Bulletin Board' forum...

You could go ahead and post the reference yourself, with a note that it may have been mentioned before. After 4 years I don't think anyone would mind another mention!

I'll cross my fingers and give searching the BB another try!

Thank you again GoryDetails :)

Edit to add:

Well, what do you know! :D:D:D:D:D

By entering the month/year of the publication as a search term, I got a result! One only, and not the one I was looking for, but at least the system worked!

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/451960

I will knock the article up and post it on the BB; it's quite possible that it hasn't been posted yet :)

I will also <try> and lift up a scan onto my flickr account :)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.