corner corner Store Accessories

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Store Accessories

I noticed that the only accessories in the BC store now is jewellry. No t-shirts, caps, tote bags, coffee mugs, onesies for babies or the other types of things they used to have(I think). For years, I would have liked some of these things but couldn't afford them. Now I may be able to, but they aren't available. Was there insufficient demand?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I noticed that the only accessories in the BC store now is jewellry. No t-shirts, caps, tote bags, coffee mugs, onesies for babies or the other types of things they used to have(I think). For years, I would have liked some of these things but couldn't afford them. Now I may be able to, but they aren't available. Was there insufficient demand?
Profile Image
There were lots of logistical problems with stocking such a wide variety of items, which took up space and cost a lot to mail, etc. However, if you check the "affiliates" page under the "store" tab you'll see a link to "BookCrossing on Spreadshirt", a site that does offer a variety of BC-logo clothing and accessories. Check it out!
Profile Image
There were lots of logistical problems with stocking such a wide variety of items, which took up space and cost a lot to mail, etc.

Exactly. Especially things that come in different sizes are problematic if you have to order them in advance and store them. Plus, non-flat items mean that I would have to start sending things in boxes, which means frequent trips to the post office. There's just a lot more work involved.
But yes, our Spreadshirt shop offers some good stuff and we get a bit of commission for every order. So you're still supporting BookCrossing by buying there!
Profile Image
Thanks. I've now looked at spreadshirt.
Profile Image
I had absolutely no idea about these BC goodies being available! Some lovely tee shirts.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.