corner corner How do I add a link to a book on a bookshelf

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

How do I add a link to a book on a bookshelf

In the forums I see everyone use a link to the books they are referring to and would love someone to teach this "non-tech savy" bookcrosser how to do that. I have searched the forum and FAQ's hoping for help, but alas I am still unaware. :-(

Thanks so much in advance!!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
In the forums I see everyone use a link to the books they are referring to and would love someone to teach this "non-tech savy" bookcrosser how to do that. I have searched the forum and FAQ's hoping for help, but alas I am still unaware. :-(

Thanks so much in advance!!

Profile Image

Easy.

2 ways to do this.
First get the specific reference. Call up the book on the screen, and place your cursor over the www. at top of screen. Copy the link. [left click mouse on the bar, it should turn blue. right click mouse and choose COPY} Now, follow below instructions.

If you are referring to a book in a JOURNAL entry (ie in a release note or in your journal about the book) use this formula:
<a href="PASTE YOUR LINK HERE">Book Title</a>

EXAMPLE so your journal might read
I read this wonderful book <a href= "http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/13211062"> Dark Shadows Falling</a>, I really liked it. (click on link to see clean references this way in that journal)

Okay. That's for journal entries. Now for the forums. The a href WON'T work cleanly. It will look like above. Ugly (but still working). So it is easier. you just say

I read this wonderful book, Dark Shadows Falling http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/13211062

Fairly easy. The only cursing involved is when you write a long forum entry using the a href formula, and realize once it's posted that 'oops' the clean formula only works on journals.
Profile Image
Fairly easy. The only cursing involved is when you write a long forum entry using the a href formula, and realize once it's posted that 'oops' the clean formula only works on journals.

Thanks so much for the help!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.