corner corner ISSN numbers

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

ISSN numbers

I just bought a bunch of children's books at a 2nd hand book store, intending to register them, then give them to my nephews and nieces to read and release. 4 of the books were "Archie Digest" type books. They are perfect bound, and are at least as durable as many paperbacks. They don't have ISBNs, the have ISSNs. I had to enter them manually, which is not a big deal..... but: Is there any way for the system to look up ISSNs? (p.s. I'm not even sure what "ISSN" stands for anyway .... )

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I just bought a bunch of children's books at a 2nd hand book store, intending to register them, then give them to my nephews and nieces to read and release. 4 of the books were "Archie Digest" type books. They are perfect bound, and are at least as durable as many paperbacks. They don't have ISBNs, the have ISSNs. I had to enter them manually, which is not a big deal..... but: Is there any way for the system to look up ISSNs? (p.s. I'm not even sure what "ISSN" stands for anyway .... )
Profile Image

Re: ISSN numbers

ISSN stands for "International Standard Serial Number," which is basically the same as an ISBN number, except for serial publications (magazines, etc.). The Archie Digest books must be classified as such to have ISSNs, and I'm not aware of any database we can use to auto-enter the details.

As a workaround, if you can find them at Amazon, use the ASIN (usually the same as the ISBN) when registering here.

Profile Image
Hey, Ron; how come you can put in paragraphs, and the rest of us can't?
Profile Image

Re: ISSN numbers

You can, too. Just use two carriage returns, and the paragraphs will be maintained.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.