corner corner registered a book twice

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

registered a book twice

Okay, I know this one is in the frequently asked questions somewhere, but I couldn't find it. What do you do if you accidently registered a book that has already been registered? (Besides buying a second copy).

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Okay, I know this one is in the frequently asked questions somewhere, but I couldn't find it. What do you do if you accidently registered a book that has already been registered? (Besides buying a second copy).
Profile Image
What do you do if you accidently registered a book that has already been registered? (Besides buying a second copy).

From the FAQs (Q60 under 'Releasing and Journaling'):
For the time being, BookCrossing has gone completely "green" with our BCIDs and we are not deleting any registered books from our data base. If you have inadvertently registered a book twice and it has two distinct BCIDs, please recycle the extra BCID for another book by editing the book details to reflect the information for the proper book. Then make sure you've labeled the correct book with the correct BCID, and you're on your way!
Profile Image
Welcome to the club, we've all done it. Kind of a pain to overwrite the extra number with a different book, but it does work.

Except for the time I overwrote the wrong number, and released both books...... but that was obviously user error.
Profile Image
I need to send a short PM to about 20 different BC'ers. Do I have to send each individually or can I send a given message to more than one person at a time? If a group PM is possible, how is it done?
Profile Image
No, they are not. Such a feature would, unfortunately, be an open invitation to spammers.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.