corner corner BC and Goodreads: registering a book

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

BC and Goodreads: registering a book

I have just "discovered" linking my BC account to Goodreads and have chosen the option to have books registered in BC be posted in Goodreads. Most of these books are TBR. However, Goodreads posts it with a Date Read (the date I registered) even though it is clearly marked To Read.

Is there such a way to fix this in BC or do I have to ask the people at Goodreads?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I have just "discovered" linking my BC account to Goodreads and have chosen the option to have books registered in BC be posted in Goodreads. Most of these books are TBR. However, Goodreads posts it with a Date Read (the date I registered) even though it is clearly marked To Read.

Is there such a way to fix this in BC or do I have to ask the people at Goodreads?
Profile Image
I haven't used this feature myself, but it sounds as if it's on the Goodreads import/link-up side. If it's a new feature, it may just be a bit buggy; if not, there may be a discussion on Goodreads somewhere about the BC-linkup default settings. (If there's a way on Goodreads to select a bunch of your books and change the read/unread setting all at once, that might be an easy workaround...)
Profile Image
Thanks Gory.

I emailed goodreads re my question but they haven't replied yet. That was four days ago. Haven't found any discussions regarding this either so maybe not many people use this feature. Anyway, I just turned off this feature and have stopped the link between them and BC. It would have been a good one if it worked.

Oh well....

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.