corner corner *Blushing* problem with finding the right category for books

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

*Blushing* problem with finding the right category for books

Well, having just celebrted my 7th bookiversary, shelving or categorizing problems would be a reason to make me blush. But, there's something else the matter :-)

A very generous bookcrosser gave me some erotic books to register and release. No problem that they're not my kind of books, I'm over 18 so... *grin*.

I'm stuck with the following: where do I place them? They are not gay/lesbian, not (imho) health, mind & body, romance and certainly women's fiction (whatever that category may be) are way too mild for the contents of these books.
I do never look further at these categories than the ones I regularly use, but I honestly meant there was a seperate category for 'erotica'.

Help!?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Well, having just celebrted my 7th bookiversary, shelving or categorizing problems would be a reason to make me blush. But, there's something else the matter :-)

A very generous bookcrosser gave me some erotic books to register and release. No problem that they're not my kind of books, I'm over 18 so... *grin*.

I'm stuck with the following: where do I place them? They are not gay/lesbian, not (imho) health, mind & body, romance and certainly women's fiction (whatever that category may be) are way too mild for the contents of these books.
I do never look further at these categories than the ones I regularly use, but I honestly meant there was a seperate category for 'erotica'.

Help!?
Profile Image
Are those books novels? Than it is literature & fiction.
Are they about technical stuff? Than it is non-fiction.

I would do it this way :-)
Profile Image
Are those books novels? Than it is literature & fiction.
Are they about technical stuff? Than it is non-fiction.

I would do it this way :-)

From what I read in the book description, they are fiction. I suppose your idea could be a solution :-) I still don't feel comfortable with the idea, though. Literature is the part there that bugs me. Books like Dead Souls by Tolstoy, The Discovery of Heaven by Mulisch or The Wind-Up Bird Chronicles by Haruki Murakami listed in the same category as these books? Nah, doesn't really work for me.

And why then do we have a categorisation in the first place, one that is completely illogical above that? (I know, there's a thread elsewhere in this forum about that, so I won't start here and do the whole discussion all over again.) But it still annoys me very much!
Profile Image
And why then do we have a categorisation in the first place, one that is completely illogical above that? (I know, there's a thread elsewhere in this forum about that, so I won't start here and do the whole discussion all over again.)

Well, than I will not answer on this one and I will not tell you, that I use Literature& Fiction for most books.

But I would like to mention, that I was quite suprised that I did not even blush when writing
technical stuff
;-)

Hope you find a solution you feel comfortable with :-)
Profile Image
Literature is the part there that bugs me. Books like Dead Souls by Tolstoy, The Discovery of Heaven by Mulisch or The Wind-Up Bird Chronicles by Haruki Murakami listed in the same category as these books? Nah, doesn't really work for me.

So? The category is "literature AND fiction", so it covers fiction that's not literature too, which sounds like exactly what you want. (Just *don't* use "graphic novels"; that's something else entirely! {grin})
Profile Image
some erotica also. I usually use the category "romance"

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.