corner corner Help! I've disappeared ...

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Help! I've disappeared ...

Why can I no longer see my own details on the list of members for Christchurch, Canterbury? I know I was there a few days ago! Is this just a temporary glitch, or a new procedure where your own details are not included in the list of members for your area? Is anyone else having this problem?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Why can I no longer see my own details on the list of members for Christchurch, Canterbury? I know I was there a few days ago! Is this just a temporary glitch, or a new procedure where your own details are not included in the list of members for your area? Is anyone else having this problem?
Profile Image
If it helps (it won't...) I can see MY name on the "springfield, Missouri" list. Perhaps it's just a glitch? Try logging off and then on again...usually helps me!
Profile Image
Because you, and a couple others, are in Christchurch, Canterbury - and everyone else is in Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand?
Profile Image
Thanks for your response, vcienega, and also to blundergirl for her suggestion - I've tried logging off and on again, and have also tried using a different computer, but I'm still not there! Funny thing is that I have a printout of the members for Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand dated 1 November which definitely shows me listed, so go figure that one!
In the meantime I've sent an email to the webmaster to see if s/he can sort it out. I'll keep you posted!
Profile Image
okay - you got me all curious so I did a little more research on your name. If you look up Christchurch BXers, you show up. Same if you look up Canterbury BXers. But if you look up all members in NZ, without specifying Christchurch, Canterbury - You don't show up. So, if You make sure that in your profile, it shows your Counrty location as NZ, you should then show on the list!
(crossing fingers, hoping I am right)!

Good Luck!
Profile Image
Try registering a new book. I've been prompted to re-enter my city/state/country before when doing those kinds of tasks. I wonder if it has to do with getting all of the nested locales of New Zealand in order...since it seems like users from that country can't decide as a group how they want to be organized or how to spell their locales' names. :)

http://bookcrossing.com/---/new+zealand

cliff1976
Profile Image
Thanks for the suggestion, Cliff1976, however, I tried doing that with no joy. Thanks also to vcienega for her suggestion - I was using the browse members rather than search members option, and wasn't showing up on the Christchurch list under that option. However, acting on your suggestion I have edited my profile to ensure that NZ is shown as my country and that seems to have done the trick. As to why, when I haven't edited my profile since I joined in August (until just a few minutes ago), it should include me in the list on 1 November, but not on 9 November, your guess is as good as mine! Maybe the webmaster can throw some light on it - I see there have been a few problems recently with blank emails, so maybe this is just another temporary glitch?
Profile Image
Disappearing data from a bookcrosser's profile (usually state/province or country) has happened a lot. I thought it was a one time glitch but when I sent email to one bookcrosser in my area she told me it had happened to her more than once. I don't know when or why it happens. It is not related to editing the profile.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.