corner corner Wrong profile name in my JE what happend?

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Wrong profile name in my JE what happend?

I just posted a JE on the RABCK forum, in the thread about BC WC sweepstake, but instead of my own profile name and picture, when I saved, I saw that the JE was posted by noddlehead, I felt this so odd, so I left the thread without lookin up the profile. This is the second time in a few days my BC profile has changed when I'm writing a JE. Last time it changed back after a day or two. But this time I decided I had to report it to someone. I do hope this forum is the right place. And I do hope there is nothing wrong with my iPad or with my profile!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I just posted a JE on the RABCK forum, in the thread about BC WC sweepstake, but instead of my own profile name and picture, when I saved, I saw that the JE was posted by noddlehead, I felt this so odd, so I left the thread without lookin up the profile. This is the second time in a few days my BC profile has changed when I'm writing a JE. Last time it changed back after a day or two. But this time I decided I had to report it to someone. I do hope this forum is the right place. And I do hope there is nothing wrong with my iPad or with my profile!
Profile Image
It seems to have corrected itself, Askeladda. When I looked at the forum thread now, your JE showed up as yours. :)

This happens with all kinds of BC activities, it seems. With just about all of them, it is usually a case of waiting a while: the system sorts itself out somehow. Frustrating, but at least nothing to worry about (it seems).
Profile Image
I've seen this happen, in a PM from someone else; very disturbing, though it does seem to self-correct quickly. However, there may be a possibility that the copy-to-self of the PM went to the wrong person, in which case it's a pretty serious breach of confidentiality, since someone could wind up seeing the communication of a total stranger. [I don't know whether this does happen, but in the case I knew of, the person who sent me the PM did not receive their copy-to-self as expected, and the person whose screen name was substituted in the PM was an inactive member and didn't report receiving an unexpected message.]
Profile Image
Yes, you are right, Stoepbrak, the JE has changed back to normal again.

-What you mention about PMs being sendt to wrong persons is much worse, GoryDetails, I haven't experienced that, luckly enought! But I seached for noddlehead after the mysterious change happened, without finding any BCers with that nickname.

I would have liked to know why these things happend, it does not feel very good when it happends. But a bit comforting to understand I'm not the only one who have experienced this kind of data distubance. So Thank you again for your comments!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.