corner corner Question about how to proceed when replacing a lost (ring / ray) book

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Question about how to proceed when replacing a lost (ring / ray) book

Lately quite a few of my books have gone missing. Some sent by me, others sent by participants in rings or rays (not neccesarily organised by me).
A few of them I'd like to replace and I have actually found some copies that I purchased. Now comes the million dollar question: how do I proceed?
1. Register the book as a new book, link to the old one that went missing, copy the ring / ray information?
2. Send the person who'll receive the book the BCID of the old one and pretend the MIA never happened?
3. Another option I did not think about?

Any ideas, suggestions or a 'on BC we do it like this' will be very much appreciated!!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Lately quite a few of my books have gone missing. Some sent by me, others sent by participants in rings or rays (not neccesarily organised by me).
A few of them I'd like to replace and I have actually found some copies that I purchased. Now comes the million dollar question: how do I proceed?
1. Register the book as a new book, link to the old one that went missing, copy the ring / ray information?
2. Send the person who'll receive the book the BCID of the old one and pretend the MIA never happened?
3. Another option I did not think about?

Any ideas, suggestions or a 'on BC we do it like this' will be very much appreciated!!
Profile Image
Register the book as a new book, link to the old one that went missing, copy the ring / ray information?

That's what I would do. After all, you don't know for sure that the first one was destroyed, and you don't want to risk that two books are wandering the world with the same BCID.
Profile Image
Thanks for your quick reaction and the information, Moem :-)
Profile Image
Register the book as a new book, link to the old one that went missing, copy the ring / ray information?

That's what I would do. After all, you don't know for sure that the first one was destroyed, and you don't want to risk that two books are wandering the world with the same BCID.
I would also link the old book to the new one. Just in case.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.