corner corner Can I sort the forum by recent posts?

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Can I sort the forum by recent posts?

Hi
Most other forums I belong to I can sort by 'recent posts' so I can see all recent posts regardless of which section they are in. Also, I can sort by the topics I have posted in, so I can find them easily. I can't seem to find a way to do that here.

Does this forum have that function? My memory is not wonderful sometimes and I probably wont remember where I have posted - and I don't seem to get an email notification when there are replies after my comments. Is this just a setting I haven't set properly?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hi
Most other forums I belong to I can sort by 'recent posts' so I can see all recent posts regardless of which section they are in. Also, I can sort by the topics I have posted in, so I can find them easily. I can't seem to find a way to do that here.

Does this forum have that function? My memory is not wonderful sometimes and I probably wont remember where I have posted - and I don't seem to get an email notification when there are replies after my comments. Is this just a setting I haven't set properly?

Profile Image
The sort option "flat - latest first" in the upper-left corner of the forum-thread page will show each forum-thread with the posts in most-recent-first order. I don't think there's a way to show the most recent posts across all threads in a single forum - if I'm wrong I'm sure somebody will chime in and correct me!

You can't sort or select by "topics I have posted in", but you can search for your own posts, either in a specific forum or across all the forums; the results will show a reply-count indicating whether someone has replied to that particular post of yours (though not necessarily whether someone replied elsewhere in the same thread). You can do this search from the "search" tab under "books & people", the "search" link at the top of the forum-thread page, or the all-time forum-post count on your profile page.
Profile Image
Thanks for that, I'll check out the searching for my own posts, at least that should remind me where I've posted :)

Yes, I was looking for recent posts across all the threads in all forums, but it doesn't look like it has that function. It usually shows as a "new posts" button in other forums. Not to worry, I was just wondering if there was a button for that and I was completely missing it :)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.