corner corner book that is falling apart

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

book that is falling apart

I registered a book a couple of years ago and just read it. By the time I finished reading it, the binding was broken and it's completely coming apart. It's really not in good enough shape to pass it along. Any suggestions what I should do with it? Just show it as traveling and throw it away?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I registered a book a couple of years ago and just read it. By the time I finished reading it, the binding was broken and it's completely coming apart. It's really not in good enough shape to pass it along. Any suggestions what I should do with it? Just show it as traveling and throw it away?
Profile Image
If you're the only person who journaled the book, you could look for a better-condition copy and use the BCID in that instead. Or, if you don't want to look for another copy but do want to record your thoughts on the book, you could include an explanation of the book's condition and then set its status to "traveling" so it won't show as "in your hands" on the bookshelf search/sort. [Posting a memorial photo is optional {wry grin}.]

If you don't write book reviews, you *could* just recycle that BCID for some other book you want to register; edit the book details to change them to the new book's info, and edit the journal entry as well, and you're all set. This would leave no trace of the old book on your BC bookshelf, but if that's not important to you, this would be a way to deal with the situation.

If it were me, I'd go with the first option - either look for another copy, or simply add my review to the "dead" one, put the book in the compost heap, and post a photo of the flower garden that I used the compost on!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.