corner corner what is Reset Forum Counts supposed to do?

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

what is Reset Forum Counts supposed to do?

I hit the Reset Forum Counts button by mistake and thought it would delete everything, kind of like when I click on Mark All Read in individual forums. Instead it gave all the forums red numbers, but I can't figure out what it reset to.

Just curious.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I hit the Reset Forum Counts button by mistake and thought it would delete everything, kind of like when I click on Mark All Read in individual forums. Instead it gave all the forums red numbers, but I can't figure out what it reset to.

Just curious.
Profile Image
It resets to "have never read the forums at all" mode, sort of the opposite of "mark all read". I think I used it a couple of times after accidentally marking-all-read on a forum I hadn't actually finished reading yet, but after that I had to open each forum and mark-all-read to make the red go away, so I haven't used it since.
Profile Image
It resets to "have never read the forums at all" mode, sort of the opposite of "mark all read".

It didn't seem to clear them out that far back. I remember one forum had a count of around 37--that can't be from the beginning.

That's why I was puzzled. It seemed like maybe a month, or two, or three...

Profile Image
affects cache size. If you are really having trouble with your browser and BC playing nicely with each other, the reset can help. Looking through the forums, making mental notes of what threads you want to keep an eye on, hit the reset button, then hit the mark all as read. That clears the cache (in my understanding) making a faster and smoother imterplay.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.