corner corner BookCrossing email address

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

BookCrossing email address

Hello, I signed up to BookCrossing with my usual email address, and I finally decided to buy wings. I wasn't able to sign into the store but as it said my address was in the wrong format, I just typed in (my user name) @bookcrossing.com and I got in! Went into my profile page to edit a few things afterwards and it came up red saying my email address wasn't right, I had to type in the BookCrossing one again, and it won't let me change it back. Am I doing something really silly? I'm fretting about not getting alerts now! :(

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hello, I signed up to BookCrossing with my usual email address, and I finally decided to buy wings. I wasn't able to sign into the store but as it said my address was in the wrong format, I just typed in (my user name) @bookcrossing.com and I got in! Went into my profile page to edit a few things afterwards and it came up red saying my email address wasn't right, I had to type in the BookCrossing one again, and it won't let me change it back. Am I doing something really silly? I'm fretting about not getting alerts now! :(
Profile Image
Not sure what happened here; your profile's email should not have changed unless you not only typed in the other address but clicked on the "save" button, and even if that happened, you should be able to use the new email address to log in. Have you logged out of the site and then tried logging back in with your original email address? [I admit I'd be hesitant to try this myself, lest it leave me locked out of the site altogether, but it would be one way to see what your actual login informaiton is. If your original email doesn't work you could try logging in using the one you used for the store, and if neither works - well, that'd be time to contact support.

You might want to contact them anyway, to let them know about this confusing - or worse - apparent tie-in between the supply-store login and the BC-site one; they're supposed to be separate as far as I know.
Profile Image
The site only allows an email address to be used once. My problem was solved by the other person getting a Hotmail email address. But I suspect this is not your problem.
Profile Image
Keep in mind that your BookCrossing account is a separate one from your Supply Store account. They are managed in different places too. This sounds like it's a problem with your Supply Store account, not your BookCrossing account, but you can easily check your BookCrossing account right here:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/editprofile
Profile Image
Thanks very much for your replies! I tried to log in again with both email addresses and neither worked! I was still logged in on my phone though, and when I went onto manage profile the 'Bc' one was there, very odd! Emailed support and eventually able to change back to the original address. I think I have a gremlin infestation!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.