corner corner Journalling a book as Anonymous Finder

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Journalling a book as Anonymous Finder

My son was given some BC books today and went to log them as Anonymous Finder as I can't get him to join up!

Anyway, I was walking him through the site and once he chose the country (Canada), the drop down menu for province did not open. We had to click Submit, then go back to the menu for province, click submit, go back to city. This would be incredibly frustrating for a real anonymous finder who didn't have a bookcrosser looking over their shoulder saying, "That's wierd...try this...try that....it HAS to work!".

Is that how it is supposed to work or is this a glitch?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
My son was given some BC books today and went to log them as Anonymous Finder as I can't get him to join up!

Anyway, I was walking him through the site and once he chose the country (Canada), the drop down menu for province did not open. We had to click Submit, then go back to the menu for province, click submit, go back to city. This would be incredibly frustrating for a real anonymous finder who didn't have a bookcrosser looking over their shoulder saying, "That's wierd...try this...try that....it HAS to work!".

Is that how it is supposed to work or is this a glitch?
Profile Image
It's certainly not supposed to be that way, but there was a thread about problems with the AF entries that sounded rather like this; it was supposedly fixed a few weeks ago, though. Here's the thread:

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/504885

Did the problem appear on your usual computer, or was he attempting to make the entries on a smartphone or other device? There might be problems with specific devices/browsers/settings...
Profile Image
We tried both laptops, not a smartphone.
Profile Image
I have reason to believe it might work now.
Profile Image
Works now.
Thank you!
Profile Image
Good! I'll pass the thanks on :-)
Profile Image
Works now.
Thank you!
I'm sorry, this was a regression of a tiny - but significant - bug which I had fixed previously (not for the first time, if I remember correctly ... :-/ ) and which returned when I made anti-bot-spam modifications recently. *Now* finally I made sure this bug cannot return (or so I hope).
Profile Image
Just read your link - yes it's exactly the same issue.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.