corner corner Labels

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Labels

When I downloaded the generic label to use with Avery 5163 labels it wouldn't print correctly. My son suggested bringing it up under Adobe Photo Shop to print, but it didn't look like we could specify the label format there. Next we copied and pasted one of the labels to MS Word. We could do the layout perfectly, but the print was so fuzzy on the fine print portion that it was almost illegible. A week or so in the wild and you probably wouldn't be able to read it at all. Any suggestions, other than designing my own label. On that subject, can you provide a copy/paste picture of the wild book logo for such use.

Complete Thread

Profile Image

Labels

When I downloaded the generic label to use with Avery 5163 labels it wouldn't print correctly. My son suggested bringing it up under Adobe Photo Shop to print, but it didn't look like we could specify the label format there. Next we copied and pasted one of the labels to MS Word. We could do the layout perfectly, but the print was so fuzzy on the fine print portion that it was almost illegible. A week or so in the wild and you probably wouldn't be able to read it at all. Any suggestions, other than designing my own label. On that subject, can you provide a copy/paste picture of the wild book logo for such use.
Profile Image

Re: Labels

What does "it wouldn't print correctly" mean, specifically? They're PDF files, so they really should be printed from Adobe Acrobat, or Adobe Illustrator, to work right. PhotoShop *might* open them okay, but I don't know what you mean by not being able to specify the "label format." There really isn't a label format to specify - Avery's are full-sheets, so as long as you have the margins correct, they should print from Acrobat perfectly.
Profile Image

They wouldn't line up to the label spacing correctly. The last three rows of labels started on the label above them. After I copied and pasted them into Word, I could print them, but the print was so fuzzy it was almost illegible right out of the printer, which I imagine will only get worse with time.
Profile Image

I just tried to download the set of 6 labels. Acrobat opened and the download appeared to complete, then start again, and again, and again. Printing doesn't work since the download never appears to complete. I have a cable modem and have used the Net for a long long time. Any clues. This book needs/wants to be released!!
Profile Image

I've been having problems printing the new labels, too. (They look great, by the way.) When I try to print them on Avery 5163 (or a test sheet, as the case may be), the first two rows of labels on the sheet are fine, the third row starts creeping to the top of the label, the fourth row touches the top of the label, and the fifth row prints the top bold line on the bottom of the fourth row of labels. I unchecked all of the "fit to page" options in Acrobat, but no dice. I thought maybe it was my printer, possibly, but if other people are having the same problem, it might not be.
Profile Image

Problems with the pre-numbered ones, or the blank ones? I haven't received any support email describing that problem, and can't reproduce it here on our two test printers (one color laser, one Epson inkjet). It must be that your Acrobat print settings, or printer driver, is shrinking the size of the pdf - that's the only explanation if the top row is fine, but the others creep up. My print options have a checkbox for "Shrink to paper size", which you must uncheck, but it sounds like you're already doing that. Make sure you have the latest version of Acrobat Reader.
Profile Image

After I deleted Acrobat Reader and got the latest one, I had no problems.

If you're having a sizing problem, you can buy the label that's one whole sheet, then after you print them, just cut out to the sizes you need! I'm calling Office Depot right now to see how the price is in relation to the labels that are already pre-cut. I'll try to remember to post it here after I find out if there's a difference or not.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.