corner corner Email notification of journal entry

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Email notification of journal entry

I know someone else posted about this problem recently. I took a look at my bookshelf yesterday afternoon and realized I had a journal entry for Lovely Bones. I have not yet received email notification that a journal entry was made. Why not?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I know someone else posted about this problem recently. I took a look at my bookshelf yesterday afternoon and realized I had a journal entry for Lovely Bones. I have not yet received email notification that a journal entry was made. Why not?
Profile Image

Newsletter

I have never received the newsletter, although it is checked on my profile page. Isn't that supposed to be emailed if it is checked?
Profile Image
my newsletter always ends up in my bulk mailbox - perhaps this is happening to you as well?
Profile Image
What/where is my bulk mailbox?
Profile Image
some e-mail programs are set up, or can be set up, to send e-mails that have a large # of recipients to a junk file, a deleted file or a bulk file. It cuts down on the spam you receive, but sometimes it also loses e-mails you want to receive. Check your e-mail settings to see if you have any spam filters going that may be blocking the newsletter from going to your inbox.

Hope that helps
Profile Image
I use AOL, and trust me there's no way I could have filters in place, cause I get TONS of spam {{{sigh}}}
Profile Image
get a better ISP?
Profile Image
what kind of email are you using? If it is one of the web-based ones such as Yahoo or hotmail then there should be a link to your bulk mail box somewhere on the page (usually the left side I believe). If, however, you aren't using this type of email I don't know if a bulk box is automatically set up - it would depend on your ISP and your software I am guessing. A bulk box is where things that aren't specifically addressed to you sometimes end up (ie: newsletters) Does anyone have any more info on this for SthrnRdr?
Profile Image
how often is the newsletter sent? just wondering so I know when I should start looking for it.
Profile Image
Looks like once a month. You can view archived copies under "the buzz". Look in the left hand column for archived newsletters.
Or just click the link: http://www.bookcrossing.com/newsletterarchive
Profile Image

Newsletter

I have never received the newsletter, although it is checked on my profile page. Isn't that supposed to be emailed if it is checked?
Profile Image

Re: Newsletter

Does BC have your correct email address? You could try sending yourself a PM from your bookshelf page to find out.
Profile Image
I get PMs from other members all the time, so that can't be the issue. I guess it really doesn't matter that much, since I can always read the newletters online. It might be nice if Ron notes in the Announcements Forum when a new newletter is posted.
Profile Image
I just received my newsletter today. Maybe you got yours too?
Profile Image
Nope. But thanks, vcieneqa for letting me know that you got yours.
Profile Image
I hadn't been getting mine either, until beachbreeze mentioned something about not getting hers. After I said I hadn't been getting mine, they started coming through. Maybe yours will too. But like you said, you can always read them in the archives.
Profile Image
Yes, and that's fine for the newsletters. Unfortunatety, I'm also not receiving the email notifiction of a journal entry made on one of my releases. I looked at my bookshelf a couple of days ago, and noticed "Lovely Bones" had the little running book logo, so I opened it up and realized that a journal entry had been made and the book was re-released. I still haven't gotten an email about it.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.