corner corner problems posting profile pic

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

problems posting profile pic

I've been trying to upload a different picture for my profile, but, no matter how small I make it, the dialogue box "maximum height allowed for images is: 200 pixels." pops up.
I'm down to 100 pix height and 85 width and 25k even before saving for the web, which brings it down to like 5k.
I'm so frustrated! What am I doing wrong?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I've been trying to upload a different picture for my profile, but, no matter how small I make it, the dialogue box "maximum height allowed for images is: 200 pixels." pops up.
I'm down to 100 pix height and 85 width and 25k even before saving for the web, which brings it down to like 5k.
I'm so frustrated! What am I doing wrong?
Profile Image
Are you sure the image is a .gif or .jpg file? That's another restriction.
Profile Image
Is the filename 8.3 or less? I've seen this mentioned as a possible problem, and I know that I had some trouble loading a file that worked fine once renamed to something shorter than eight characters.
Profile Image
I was having a similar problem and my solution makes no sense to me at all, but here it is: originally I had the file saved on my desktop when I was getting the error. I moved the file to my "My Pictures" folder and tried again...and it worked. Don't know why, but that's the story. :)
Profile Image
you guys are the greatest! sure enough, it was that 8 character thing - thanks for saving my sanity!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.