corner corner Multiple release entries (reposted)

Forum | << Site Questions: Basic and Advanced | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Multiple release entries (reposted)

I've only recently joined BookCrossing, and one of the 1st things I did was go thru the lists looking for books with multiple journal entries to see what has happened to them. I noticed that many books with multiple entries have perhaps one registration entry, then anywhere up to 4 identical release notices by the registrant. It's as if the registrant is putting in the release entry several times, perhaps because they aren't sure it's being entered properly. These multiple entries are skewing the data. Is there any way they can be cleared up? Awesome Aud

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I've only recently joined BookCrossing, and one of the 1st things I did was go thru the lists looking for books with multiple journal entries to see what has happened to them. I noticed that many books with multiple entries have perhaps one registration entry, then anywhere up to 4 identical release notices by the registrant. It's as if the registrant is putting in the release entry several times, perhaps because they aren't sure it's being entered properly. These multiple entries are skewing the data. Is there any way they can be cleared up? Awesome Aud
Profile Image
With over 18,000 books now, it's impossible to manually remove duplicate journal entries or release notes that some members make for whatever reason. Don't worry about data being skewed - they're just journal entries, and making multiple journal entries on a book is not discouraged.
Profile Image
Try searching for the higher ratings. That's what I do when I am looking for book choices.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.