corner corner Who is interested by the book "Cesta do říše Velkého chána (1316 – 1330)"

Forum | << Slavic Languages | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Who is interested by the book "Cesta do říše Velkého chána (1316 – 1330)"

Exploration and official mission in the Middle Ages...

I found this book at a 2nd hand market in Genève, Switzerland. This is printed in Gothic writing, published in 1998. This is an used book but in good condition.
It is a book about Odoric or Odorico, Oldrich da Pordenone, a cleric who traveled through Asia and Mongol-ruled China as a special envoy in the early 14th century.
The man is less famous than Marco Polo but his writings became famous throughout Western and Central Europe.

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14264575

I can't read nor write in Czech. I imagine the title is about a description of the Empire of the Great Khan. Is someone interested by this book ?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Exploration and official mission in the Middle Ages...

I found this book at a 2nd hand market in Genève, Switzerland. This is printed in Gothic writing, published in 1998. This is an used book but in good condition.
It is a book about Odoric or Odorico, Oldrich da Pordenone, a cleric who traveled through Asia and Mongol-ruled China as a special envoy in the early 14th century.
The man is less famous than Marco Polo but his writings became famous throughout Western and Central Europe.

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14264575

I can't read nor write in Czech. I imagine the title is about a description of the Empire of the Great Khan. Is someone interested by this book ?
Profile Image
Hello souram,

The book is in really in Czech. The title is exactly: The Journey into the Great Khan Empire. It sounds like quite interesting book actually, but you are right, that there are not many people in Switzerland who could read it :)
So, if you still have it, I would be interested as I am Czech.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.