Sorry to come crashing in here in English - and then just for begging... But it only costs a tiny little bit of time for you...
I work for a small German/Swiss NGO (Govinda/Shangri-La Development Aid Association) that runs projects and programmes in Nepal.
Now we have been nominated for the German Volunteering Award – we could win 10.000 Euro! Hundreds of German organisations that work with volunteers take part. A few days ago when voting results were still visible we were on place 4 - we have some very good, strong contenders - but as much as they deserve winning this too we desperately need the money. All our Nepali, German and Swiss activists are collecting votes these days, but it will be hard - every vote counts... Can we have yours please?
(This is open until 31 October.)
After the devastating earthquake in 2015 emergency aid for 36,000 people has been delivered by Govinda/Shangri-La. As one of the first organisations we have built 104 new and earthquake-resistant houses in Nepal. The reconstruction showed a drastic shortage of skilled labour. The prize money will support vocational training of young people in Nepal.
The voting website is in German, but even if you don't know a word of German you can easily vote. This is how:
• go to http://www.waisenkind.de/
• click on „Jetzt abstimmen“ at the bottom
• enter your last name & first name (Nachname: surname, Vorname: first name)
• and enter your email address twice
• tick off “Ich bin kein Roboter” and a window opens, with a security question (for translations of questions see below)
• click on „jetzt abstimmen“: a new window opens “Bestätigung der Stimmabgabe” (=confirm your vote)
• check your emails, click on the long link at the top of the mail from “Deutscher Engagementpreis” (check your junk/spam if there is no mail)
• a new window opens: „Vielen Dank für Ihre Stimme!“ = Thank you for your vote!
Please motivate others to vote for us too!
Thank you so much!
If you confirm your vote by posting here http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/535292
you can win Finnish or Austrian chocolate :-) or a book (about Nepal) or a thank you card from Nepal.
- Wählen Sie alle Bilder aus, die ein Geschäft von vorn zeigen. = click on those pictures that show a shopfront
- Wählen Sie alle Bilder mit Hausnummern. = click on those pictures that show house numbers
- Wählen Sie alle Bilder mit Straßenschildern. = click on those pictures that show street signs / traffic signs
- Wählen Sie alle Bilder mit Pfeilen oder Säulen aus. = click on those pictures that show arrows or columns
If there is another one that you cannot understand just click on the arrow that goes in a circle, below, and you get a new one.