corner corner こんにちは Japanese Bookray: UK Author seeks readers in Japan for Dark Comedy novel

Forum | << Japanese - 日本語 | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

こんにちは Japanese Bookray: UK Author seeks readers in Japan for Dark Comedy novel

Konnichiwa! こんにちは

I am looking to spread Dark Comedy around the world and would love to hear from BookCrossers in Japan who enjoy a good laugh and are comfortable reading novels written in English (as this book is).

My book is called Barnacle Brat (a dark comedy for grown-ups)

Barnacle Brat has been described as a modern-day Billy Liar … meets Donnie Darko; a dark comedy for grown-ups that explores alienation, loss, and what can happen when a young man’s imagination spins wildly out of control.

Find out more here:

http://www.adrianbaldwin.info/---/barnacle-brat.html

(Clicking the big blue button at the bottom of the page will display the first 5 chapters.)

If you are Japanese (or live in Japan) and think you might be interested in reading my contribution to the genre of Dark Comedy, kindly post here. Please note, you will only need to post to BookCrossers in Japan. If the ‘Japan Bookray’ attracts only a few interested Japanese BookCrossers, I may ask the ‘final’ reader to release into the wild.

Domo arigatō ありがとう

Adrian Baldwin

PS Hope you like the Geisha and Samurai on my front cover :)

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Konnichiwa! こんにちは

I am looking to spread Dark Comedy around the world and would love to hear from BookCrossers in Japan who enjoy a good laugh and are comfortable reading novels written in English (as this book is).

My book is called Barnacle Brat (a dark comedy for grown-ups)

Barnacle Brat has been described as a modern-day Billy Liar … meets Donnie Darko; a dark comedy for grown-ups that explores alienation, loss, and what can happen when a young man’s imagination spins wildly out of control.

Find out more here:

http://www.adrianbaldwin.info/barnacle-brat.html

(Clicking the big blue button at the bottom of the page will display the first 5 chapters.)

If you are Japanese (or live in Japan) and think you might be interested in reading my contribution to the genre of Dark Comedy, kindly post here. Please note, you will only need to post to BookCrossers in Japan. If the ‘Japan Bookray’ attracts only a few interested Japanese BookCrossers, I may ask the ‘final’ reader to release into the wild.

Domo arigatō ありがとう

Adrian Baldwin

PS Hope you like the Geisha and Samurai on my front cover :)
Profile Image
I am interesting in your bookrayi.I want to read your book,though I am not reading English well.
Profile Image
Hello yaroujidai

How very nice to hear from you. I am happy to learn that you are interested in the Japanese Bookray for my novel.

Please PM me your address and I will get this ray started by sending you the book first. (All being well, I should be able to post next week.)

Also, if you could give me any hints for other forums, groups, boards, websites, etc. where I may be able to attract additional Japanese readers who might be interested in dark comedy novels written in English, I would be extremely grateful.

Thank you again for replying to my post.

Best wishes / ご多幸を祈る
Adrian

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.