corner corner CBC series "Anne" based on Anne of Green Gables

Forum | << Based on the Book: Books to Movies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

CBC series "Anne" based on Anne of Green Gables

When I first heard there was a new TV series of this beloved book I wondered why they had to redo it. Then I checked when the original Anne of Green Gables was shown and gulped when I saw it was over 30 years ago. Yikes! Where did that time go? I'm catching up online because we were away when it started showing and I really like it. Amybeth McNulty who plays Anne is terrific. And for me any chance to see R. H. Thomson, who plays Mathew Cuthbert, is a gift. However, they seem to be taking more liberties with the plot than I remember the former series doing. It is kind of nice though to fill in Anne's back story with her flashbacks. Anyone else watching it? (It's probably only available in Canada right now but the DVDs will surely get released more widely.)

Complete Thread

Profile Image
When I first heard there was a new TV series of this beloved book I wondered why they had to redo it. Then I checked when the original Anne of Green Gables was shown and gulped when I saw it was over 30 years ago. Yikes! Where did that time go? I'm catching up online because we were away when it started showing and I really like it. Amybeth McNulty who plays Anne is terrific. And for me any chance to see R. H. Thomson, who plays Mathew Cuthbert, is a gift. However, they seem to be taking more liberties with the plot than I remember the former series doing. It is kind of nice though to fill in Anne's back story with her flashbacks. Anyone else watching it? (It's probably only available in Canada right now but the DVDs will surely get released more widely.)
Profile Image
But I did love the original, so I'll have high expectations!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.