corner corner I wish….

Forum | << Based on the Book: Books to Movies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

I wish….

…the book I'm reading right now would be made into a movie. The story is just so incredible, and TRUE! The book is "A Long Way from Home" by Saroo Brierley. Anyone know if there are plans in the works for a film? Canadian director Deepa Mehta…she'd be perfect! ("Fire", "Water", "Earth", "The Republic of Love"…etc.)

Complete Thread

Profile Image

I wish….

…the book I'm reading right now would be made into a movie. The story is just so incredible, and TRUE! The book is "A Long Way from Home" by Saroo Brierley. Anyone know if there are plans in the works for a film? Canadian director Deepa Mehta…she'd be perfect! ("Fire", "Water", "Earth", "The Republic of Love"…etc.)
Profile Image

Yep!

A film, "Lion", is currently filming in Kolkata, Melbourne and Hobart and will also star Nicole Kidman and Dev Patel.
Profile Image

RE: Yep!

Oh, I am happy to hear that, as I, too, just finished this book and was riveted. However, to be very honest, I really do not like Nicole Kidman and wish someone else had been cast in her place. I also hope that the screen adaptation is done well and not *Hollywood-ized* too much. The story is such a good and solid one, as Brierley told it in the book. I hope the film does it justice...
Profile Image

Yep!

I can't wait for this book & then I want to watch the movie! I am ISO of it

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.