corner corner Books to Movies 2015

Forum | << Based on the Book: Books to Movies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Books to Movies 2015

Here's a list of books which have been made forthcoming movies - which ones will you be going to see?

http://capitadiscovery.co.uk/---/64cba70c-0b5c-5653-a19b-9199b0a33e74

I've read a lot of these already and if I've not read it, I have a copy of most.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Here's a list of books which have been made forthcoming movies - which ones will you be going to see?

http://capitadiscovery.co.uk/---/64cba70c-0b5c-5653-a19b-9199b0a33e74

I've read a lot of these already and if I've not read it, I have a copy of most.
Profile Image
Hmmm, not sure how that one would work. I will have to see who has been cast.

Another that is not on that list is Lisa Genova's *Still Alice* which is being released in January, I believe. I enjoyed that book so much, I am not sure I want to see the film. Movie adaptations seldom live up to their original books (though there are exceptions).
Profile Image
Some surprises on that list for me - I hadn't heard of a movie of Walk in the Woods, among others. Could be fun in the right hands.

In the Heart of the Sea is another surprise, but it has a really great cast, and I loved the book; I'd be up for that one.

Room... that one's tricky; how to present such a harrowing story from the perspective of a 5-year-old, but on film?

I did know about The Martian, a Matt Damon film based on the marvelous book (which is even better in audiobook form); thing is, I'm not mad about Matt Damon, so while I expect I'll go see it anyway, it'll be with reservations. If he can carry off the lively personality of stranded astronaut Mark Watney it could be a very good film.
Profile Image
I've only read two on the list: Frankenstein (they're remaking it again?!) and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. The latter may lend itself to film okay, but it might lose some of its mystery when the photographs come to life.

Gory - Matt Damon played a stranded astronaut really well in Interstellar, so he might do all right in The Martian, though to be fair I'm pretty sure he was channeling Philip Seymour Hoffman. (So not so much in the "lively" vein.) ;)
Profile Image

I've already read three on the list : Insurgent,Miss Peregrine's home for Peculiar Children, and Where rainbows end. Me before you is on my TBR actually. I'm ok with melydia about Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and curious to see how they may photographs come to life.
Profile Image

re

at this year is the best book Fifty Shades of Grey. The film won the hearts all over the world can see!
Profile Image
Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children could be interesting, especially with Tim Burton directing.
Profile Image
the longest ride was in the theaters and i watch the trailer and had some inappropriate seances for under 13 like shirt taking off

i personally don't like movies with that in it
Profile Image
I have only read Frankestein and I must say that I haven't seen yet any movie that portraits the character as I see him in the book. They do not do justice to Frankestein.
I normally read the book first and then I watched the film (if possible) but I didn't use to do it the other way round, untill I saw Game of thrones (the series). I saw the first season and then I heard about the books. Although I didn't like that type of literature I started to read the first book and ...... I couldn't stop reading!! I've already read the 5 books and can't wait to the next one. The books are so much better than the series.... I strongly recommend the books for those who only know the seeries.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.