corner corner The Book Thief

Forum | << Based on the Book: Books to Movies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

The Book Thief

My daughter and I both shared the book, so we went to the movie together last night.

It was totally wonderful and very true to the book. It is the mark of an amazing author to create the pictures in your imagination that are replicated exactly on the big screen.

Two thumbs up!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
My daughter and I both shared the book, so we went to the movie together last night.

It was totally wonderful and very true to the book. It is the mark of an amazing author to create the pictures in your imagination that are replicated exactly on the big screen.

Two thumbs up!
Profile Image

Good to hear

I really loved the book, and your recommendation reminds me that I want to see the movie.
Profile Image
glad the movie is good... I'll try to catch it!
Profile Image
I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I'm listening to the audio book (as a re-read) in anticipation of it coming out and I can't wait! Only 10 more days to wait :D
Profile Image
I just bought the book yesterday and I plan on reading it next. I have heard only good reviews so far.
Profile Image
I have not read the book yet.
Profile Image
I try to read a book before seeing it as a movie. I just finished The Book Thief last week, and absolutely loved it. I am looking forward to the movie!
Profile Image
Just borrowed the DVD from my public library and liked it much better than the book. In the book I found it disturbing knowing who the narrator was from the beginning while in the movie, at least to me, it wasn't as obvious until near the end. I guess the message I got from the movie is that in war everyone suffers on both sides especially the civilians.
Profile Image
Just borrowed the DVD from my public library and liked it much better than the book. In the book I found it disturbing knowing who the narrator was from the beginning while in the movie, at least to me, it wasn't as obvious until near the end. I guess the message I got from the movie is that in war everyone suffers on both sides especially the civilians.

I agree. I really did not care for the book but thought that the movie might be better. We also rented it from our library.
Profile Image
Just finished the audio book and loved it. There were parts that almost brought me to tears, but even with the sadness, it was still enjoyable, heartwarming book. I'm looking forward to seeing the movie.
Profile Image
I thought it was very well done. It's very seldom I see a movie that I think was better than a book. This was no exception. I was really moved by the book. I felt for the whole family and their visitor.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.