corner corner Life of Pi - the trailer looks awesome...

Forum | << Based on the Book: Books to Movies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Life of Pi - the trailer looks awesome...

I enjoyed the book ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11114683 ), and am considering seeing the film on the big screen, rather than waiting for video as I usually do these days {wry grin}. [Will avoid the 3D version if I can, though.]

This is one of those situations where I almost wish I could see the movie without having read the book first, just to see how it compares with "movie as viewed after reading the book", but since I can't un-read something I'll just go with it and hope for the best!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I enjoyed the book ( http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/11114683/ ), and am considering seeing the film on the big screen, rather than waiting for video as I usually do these days {wry grin}. [Will avoid the 3D version if I can, though.]

This is one of those situations where I almost wish I could see the movie without having read the book first, just to see how it compares with "movie as viewed after reading the book", but since I can't un-read something I'll just go with it and hope for the best!
Profile Image

The Book

I have the book sitting in my computer desk drawer waiting for me to pick it up. A tiger stuck on a boat with a boy to me sounds unrealistic so have put off reading it.
Profile Image
I have the book sitting in my computer desk drawer waiting for me to pick it up. A tiger stuck on a boat with a boy to me sounds unrealistic so have put off reading it.

I loved this book. It was one of my all-time favorites. We're going to see the movie next weekend. I've heard it's pretty awesome.
Profile Image

I'm in exactly the same place with this. Book sitting on the dining table to be read because everyone says it's wonderful. But then I saw the trailer. Tiger on a boat with a boy? Eh? My sister said it was a beautifully shot film though.
Profile Image
I absolutely loved the book, until the last chapter, which I found horribly disappointing.
Profile Image
Read this at least twice, actually a First for a book club I belong to... At the time, could actually visualize this as a film as so pictorial and clear yet there are so many threads I wonder how it will be conveyed (Cloud Atlas also to be a film, which seems even more unrealistic!). Even so, would like to see the Life of Pi...
Profile Image
and it's brilliantly done. I enjoyed it as much as the book. DH came too and he'd not read the book (although I gave him a very brief synopsis) and he enjoyed it. We saw the 3D version simply because the timing fit with our commitments and DH was impressed by the visuals - it's the first 3D he's been too, as like you, Gory. we very rarely go to watch a film at the cinema.
Profile Image
to go see the movie, but I would love to see it at the theater, but by the time I am able to go, I am afraid the movie will be gone.
Profile Image
didn't read the book, but the movie was great, i recommend it
Profile Image
I tried twice to read the book, but couldn't get into it. I just saw the movie this weekend. Absolutely stunning. Everything from well done from the presentation of the storyline, the acting, the cinematography, the special effects....it was much different from what I expected. Just a super-great movie.
Profile Image
The ending of the movie was presented a little differently than in the book I think. While I hated the ending of the book, feeling disappointed and betrayed, in the movie it made a little more sense to me.
Profile Image
and I will try to read it soon. Also, if I can find a DVD copy of this, I would really watch it.
Profile Image
I thought this would be a difficult book to turn into a movie, but I was impressed with the film.
Profile Image
Life of Pi is really awesome. I haven't seen only trailer but, I have seen the whole movie. It is really an awesome movie. I liked the way the tiger is modeled and textured in the movie.

Note from BC Support: Spam link deleted and account suspended for disregard of site policy.
Profile Image
I loved both the movie and book, although they took some interesting liberties with the movie that I wasn't sure if I liked.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.