corner corner Bookcemtary still active?

Forum | << Community Bulletin Board | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Bookcemtary still active?

Hi I was wondering if the person(s) behind bookcemetary were still active since the last book journaled by the account was back in 2005. If not then how about lostbookisland?
Since I am in the process of moving I am going through all my books and deciding which ones to keep and which ones to donate. I came across one book that is an older hardcover. For the most part it looks like its in decent shape except for some writing in it and on two pages some how they writing came off. looks like they had some how gotten stuck together and a previous reader had gently pulled them apart but it still did damage to the typing so you cant read it at all

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hi I was wondering if the person(s) behind bookcemetary were still active since the last book journaled by the account was back in 2005. If not then how about lostbookisland?
Since I am in the process of moving I am going through all my books and deciding which ones to keep and which ones to donate. I came across one book that is an older hardcover. For the most part it looks like its in decent shape except for some writing in it and on two pages some how they writing came off. looks like they had some how gotten stuck together and a previous reader had gently pulled them apart but it still did damage to the typing so you cant read it at all
Profile Image
...one of the following options:

If the book has a travel history - that is, was journaled by more than one person - I'd just add a JE explaining the damage and mentioning that the book's going to that Great Library in the Sky (via the recycling bin or compost heap). Set its status to "traveling" so it doesn't show as "in hand", and you're done.

If you registered the book yourself and it has no travel history, you could treat it the same way - or you could try to find a replacement copy and label it with the same BCID before discarding/recycling the old book. Or you could "recycle" the BCID and use it for a different book altogether.
Profile Image
However, BookUndertaker is BookCemetary's new account (see their extended profile for more details). But they still haven't been active in a long time. Maybe you could try PMing them. Here's the link to their account: https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/BookUndertaker/
However, in their extended profile, it says that BookCemetary is active too. You should just PM both accounts.
Profile Image
...of doing as gory details suggested if none of them were active but I would figure ask before doing that incase they were active with their normal accounts but just hadnt gotten any requests for the bookcemtary accounts in awhile
Profile Image
There is an active account in Germany that provides the service you are looking for:

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/BuchFriedhof/
Profile Image
great!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.