corner corner Kensington International Day of the Book - April 23, 2017

Forum | << Community Bulletin Board | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Kensington International Day of the Book - April 23, 2017

Attention...FREE BOOKS!

For anyone who has not yet marked down the date, The International Day of the Book street festival will take place this Sunday, April 23, 2017, on Howard Avenue in Old Town Kensington, Maryland, USA, from 11am to 4 pm. There is FREE street parking and FREE admission to the festival.

Again this year my BookCrossing group, BCinDC, will be bringing FREE gently-used books to distribute. We'll have over 1,000 books of all genres.. This is a GREAT opportunity for you to pick up some great books! The price is right. There is no limit to the number of books you may take. All we ask is that you leave a few to share with others! :D

I'll be in the blue tent and will be wearing my "SqueakyChu" name tag. Come and say hi to me.

If you are a BookCrosser...You may bring your own Bookcrossing-registered books to place on our tables. It's a good time to get them out there in the wild. We have the customers!

If it rains...Never fear! We'll still be there. Our books will be inside a tent and kept dry. Just bring a large plastic trash bag (clean, of course), in which to take home your newly acquired books.

If you have questions, just message me on my LFL Facebook page. Just google Little Free Library of Twinbrook (#7720).

See you there!

https://dayofthebook.com/
https://www.facebook.com/---/286341885129322

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Attention...FREE BOOKS!

For anyone who has not yet marked down the date, The International Day of the Book street festival will take place this Sunday, April 23, 2017, on Howard Avenue in Old Town Kensington, Maryland, USA, from 11am to 4 pm. There is FREE street parking and FREE admission to the festival.

Again this year my BookCrossing group, BCinDC, will be bringing FREE gently-used books to distribute. We'll have over 1,000 books of all genres.. This is a GREAT opportunity for you to pick up some great books! The price is right. There is no limit to the number of books you may take. All we ask is that you leave a few to share with others! :D

I'll be in the blue tent and will be wearing my "SqueakyChu" name tag. Come and say hi to me.

If you are a BookCrosser...You may bring your own Bookcrossing-registered books to place on our tables. It's a good time to get them out there in the wild. We have the customers!

If it rains...Never fear! We'll still be there. Our books will be inside a tent and kept dry. Just bring a large plastic trash bag (clean, of course), in which to take home your newly acquired books.

If you have questions, just message me on my LFL Facebook page. Just google Little Free Library of Twinbrook (#7720).

See you there!

https://dayofthebook.com/
https://www.facebook.com/---/286341885129322/
Profile Image
See you there!
Sounds like great fun, SqeakyChu!!! : D

You should have BookCrossing Book Bags to sell, or maybe we'll make some SqueakyChu BookCrossing Book Bags for your event for next year!!! ; D
https://www.bookcrossing.com/store#!/Sofias-Book-Bag-ON-SALE/p/66955049/category=19619009

Wish I was close enough to come join you, but alas...I'll be roasting in Arizona's "early summer" with heat near 100 degrees already. ; )

Wishing you a sunny windless fun-filled day with great success!!! ; )
Profile Image
Thank you for the book bags offer, but I don't want to sell anything or collect money at our booth. Everything we have to give away is for free. WE need to keep it that way.

I'll take you up on your offer for good weather, though. LOL!!
Profile Image
Thank you for the book bags offer, but I don't want to sell anything or collect money at our booth. Everything we have to give away is for free. WE need to keep it that way.
With this blasted Fibromyalgia BRAIN FOG, sometimes I'm not as clear as I'd like to be. If you purchased book bags from the Supply Store, they would probably need to be sold to recoup funds spent from tight budgets. ; ) I was thinking that homemade book bags for all of you BCers participating in this event would be from up-cycled bags that could have your event logo added somehow, and therefore be FREE to go with all of those BOOKS you'll be sharing at this aMAzing event!!! ; ) I imagine the books are just as easily carried off in recycled grocery bags and such, without all of the extra work!!! ; D

Profile Image
I imagine the books are just as easily carried off in recycled grocery bags and such, without all of the extra work!!! ; D

Exactly! Anyhow there isn't time now to do much other than pack up our 1200+ books inventory and figure out what we are going to do in the rain. :(

Profile Image

Also

for anyone who is wanting to bring books, there is a running count going on the Conventions and Meetings Forum where you can help us increase our total. Every book contributed is appreciated. Any leftovers from this book festival will go to the BCinDC booth at the Gaithersburg Book Festival in May.
Profile Image
Hope you have a great time!

Thanks! It's always great fun.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.