corner corner In loving memory

Forum | << Community Bulletin Board | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

In loving memory

Hi,
I'm not sure how many users might still be here from the time, but my father was a very active bookcrossing user in the early days of this site. His username was JMG49. He was passionate about reading, and the culture of sharing the love of reading.
Although I'm not the avid reader he was or even that I once was, I appreciate what this site represents and I'm happy to come and find it still exists today.

He passed away 10 years ago today and I just felt it would be fitting to put something here in his memory.

Thanks, keep reading and sharing.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hi,
I'm not sure how many users might still be here from the time, but my father was a very active bookcrossing user in the early days of this site. His username was JMG49. He was passionate about reading, and the culture of sharing the love of reading.
Although I'm not the avid reader he was or even that I once was, I appreciate what this site represents and I'm happy to come and find it still exists today.

He passed away 10 years ago today and I just felt it would be fitting to put something here in his memory.

Thanks, keep reading and sharing.
Profile Image
What a lovely tribute. Thank you for posting this and I'm glad to hear that you appreciate the site. It sounds like you loved your father very much and I'm sure he was proud of you.
Profile Image
Yes, he was very active with 9,200 posts here and 820 BC books registered. It's great you still remember what a keen BCer he was, and cared to visit here. He was a member long before I was.
Profile Image
Thank you for posting this. I can't believe it was 10 years already!
Yes, he did love bookcrossing. And yes, we are happy this site is still here too, and going strong. You are welcome any time!
Profile Image
I remember him too - we even swapped some books back in the day. Thanks for the opportunity to think of him...
Profile Image
Yes, I remember sharing books with JMG49. It is good to get a reminder of a BookCrosser like him. We miss him.

Take care.
Profile Image
Rest in peace!

I didn't know your father, but I hope that the messages in the forum will offer you some warmth.
Profile Image
'Sounds like your dad was a great guy. My dad was also a big reader and an English teacher. His favourite authors were the 3 Johns: Steinbeck, Cheever and Updike.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.