corner corner Please tidy up "KEITH, SOUTH AUSTRALIA" :)

Forum | << Region Cleanup: Cities & Crossing Zones | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Please tidy up "KEITH, SOUTH AUSTRALIA" :)

Could someone please delete or edit the following from the KEITH, South Australia list of 'crossing zones'. I live in Keith (1) the businesses have moved or (2) the location is Too vague or (3) the location is not 'public', such as in the case of the school listings, and (4) there are duplicate locations. Please remove the following:

'a roadhouse'
Bench outside Carries Cottage
Bench outside Kennedy's
ALL 3 "Keith Area School" entries
kid's book box
'park between highway and township with water pipe'
Rotunda Playground near Kindy - duplicate location!
Tree in park

Please CHANGE following:
On bench in front of bakery (near ELDERS) - CHANGE to "Keith Bakery - near school"
Morning Loaf Bakery - REMOVE "outdoor eating area"
Phone Box near Toilets (Dukes Hwy, 'near TUPS') - CHANGE to 'Phone Box near Toilets (Dukes Hwy, Near Morning Loaf Bakery)
Rotunda Don Mosely Playground - ADD near Kindy

There is also one typo : "On bench in front of Retail Theraphy' - THERAPY is misspelt.

Many thanks. :)

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Could someone please delete or edit the following from the KEITH, South Australia list of 'crossing zones'. I live in Keith (1) the businesses have moved or (2) the location is Too vague or (3) the location is not 'public', such as in the case of the school listings, and (4) there are duplicate locations. Please remove the following:

'a roadhouse'
Bench outside Carries Cottage
Bench outside Kennedy's
ALL 3 "Keith Area School" entries
kid's book box
'park between highway and township with water pipe'
Rotunda Playground near Kindy - duplicate location!
Tree in park

Please CHANGE following:
On bench in front of bakery (near ELDERS) - CHANGE to "Keith Bakery - near school"
Morning Loaf Bakery - REMOVE "outdoor eating area"
Phone Box near Toilets (Dukes Hwy, 'near TUPS') - CHANGE to 'Phone Box near Toilets (Dukes Hwy, Near Morning Loaf Bakery)
Rotunda Don Mosely Playground - ADD near Kindy

There is also one typo : "On bench in front of Retail Theraphy' - THERAPY is misspelt.

Many thanks. :)
Profile Image
Hi aussie-rose, thanks for your suggestions. Most changes are done, but I need some more information. Also some explanations below.

Release zones cannot be removed or deleted, but instead are either hidden or consolidated into a more correct zone. The preference is generally for consolidation if possible.

Having said that, I have hidden two zones from your first list:
-- kid's book box, as it is not a reusable wild release zone
-- a roadhouse, as it is impossible to know which one it was.

What has happened to Carries Cottage and Kennedys? I need more info to know what to do with them. Kennedys is still listed in the Yellow Pages online, and when I looked for Carries, it appears to now exist as part of Keith Home Furnishers?

The three school zones have been consolidated into a generic 'Keith Area School'. They each had a book released to them, and the school is still an existing physical location, so it stays.

Can you please tell me the name of the park between the highway and the township that has the water pipe fountain. Is it Heritage Park?

The playgrounds have been consolidated into a zone called Don Moseley Park. Not all the releases here were released in the rotunda, and most releases have the specific site within the park in the release notes.

The tree was in Conservation Park, so zone renamed appropriately.

I've also corrected the typo and made various changes to clarify and tidy up the list.

Profile Image
>>>
Hi aussie-rose, thanks for your suggestions. Most changes are done, but I need some more information. Also some explanations below.>>

Thank you crimson-tide :)

>>Release zones cannot be removed or deleted, but instead are either hidden or consolidated into a more correct zone. The preference is generally for consolidation if possible.>>

Understood :)

>>Having said that, I have hidden two zones from your first list:
-- kid's book box, as it is not a reusable wild release zone
-- a roadhouse, as it is impossible to know which one it was.>>

Thank you and correct in both cases.

>>What has happened to Carries Cottage and Kennedys? I need more info to know what to do with them. Kennedys is still listed in the Yellow Pages online, and when I looked for Carries, it appears to now exist as part of Keith Home Furnishers? >>

Carries Cottage still exists as a 'location' in Keith but the Morning Loaf Bakery now operates out of that building & the one along-side it. Only locals really know it as "Carries Cottage" & I am not sure if it's labelled as such, if so it's only a small plaque on the wall - the most visible thing you'd see is the "Morning Loaf" bakery signs. Hence the need to amalgamate or delete the Carries cottage listing.
"Kennedy's" is now re-named - It's now "Keith Clothing and Craft BUT it shifted across the road into a different building in Keith a few years ago so there is no longer a 'bench' outside it. :)

>>The three school zones have been consolidated into a generic 'Keith Area School'. They each had a book released to them, and the school is still an existing physical location, so it stays.>>

ok :)

>>Can you please tell me the name of the park between the highway and the township that has the water pipe fountain. Is it Heritage Park?>>

yes

>>The playgrounds have been consolidated into a zone called Don Moseley Park. Not all the releases here were released in the rotunda, and most releases have the specific site within the park in the release notes.>>

Ok :)

>>The tree was in Conservation Park, so zone renamed appropriately.>>

Ok :)

>>I've also corrected the typo and made various changes to clarify and tidy up the list. >>

Thanks.

there's ONE more correction/deletion please....there is no longer a phone box outside the Chemist so the zone "Phone box near Chemist opposite post office" no longer exists. :)

ALSO..the 'kids book box' still shows up on the release zones. It used to be the box inside the OSHC room at the school I think but OSHC closed years ago. So if it has to be 'amalgamated' please put those entries under the school entries if you can.

Thanks again!!!!
Profile Image
Plus "a roadhouse" also still shows up on my list of possible release spots.
Profile Image
Plus "a roadhouse" also still shows up on my list of possible release spots.

It still shows up as a possible release zone when I did a "dummy release" (going through the steps of releasing a book without actually hitting the final release button), as does 'kids book box'.

But when I went to the Go Hunting page for Keith and ticked the "view all" box to see all release zones, they do not appear.

My understanding is, that when a zone is hidden, it still appears in the drop down box for releases but is not visible when people search the Go Hunting pages. At least, that is what seems to happen when I've hidden zones in other cities/towns.
Profile Image
Thanks aussie-rose and awaywithfaries. That's a good reason why I prefer not to hide zones if at all possible. ;-)

I'll make those other changes tomorrow. Unfortunately I don't think I can retrieve hidden zones once hidden, so can't consolidate the kids book box into the school zone. Please correct me if I'm wrong, Anita. ??
Profile Image
Having thought about it some more, I'm pretty sure that hidden zones are not meant to show up on the zones list in the wild release sequence (apart from on the list of the original creator of the zone). That is, after all, the whole point of hiding them! Maybe there is a glitch in the system somewhere? So until it's sorted out I don't really want to hide any more zones.

aussie-rose: Is there another business now operating on the site where Kennedys used to be?

I have consolidated Carries Cottage into The Morning Loaf, thanks for that info. And I have removed the phone box reference from the zone outside the chemist and left it as just "Outside the Chemist" for now.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.