corner corner (done) Country List > USA > New York

Forum | << Region Cleanup: Cities & Crossing Zones | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

(done) Country List > USA > New York

Hi! Could you please merge the city New York with the other city New York City? Thank you!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hi! Could you please merge the city New York with the other city New York City? Thank you!
Profile Image
All mentions of New York City (five) and New York (three) at the City level have been merged into one.
Profile Image

Oh, that's been a mess for as long as I've been trying to release books there. Thank you for working on it!

I still see one zone for "New York" that is clearly for NYC based on the names of the zones, but it's a vast improvement to only have one "New York" and one "New York City" compared with the confusing number that were there before.

We won't even go into the fact that each borough is listed as its own town - given the size of some towns elsewhere, that's not unreasonable, and it can make it easier to find the zone you're looking for.

I go to New York every summer, and it's always been a challenge for me to figure out "ok, *which* NYC did I add those release zones to last year?"
Profile Image
Ahh . . . missed that one as it was somehow placed right towards the top of the list, rather than in its alphabetical place. Will merge the two.
Profile Image
Ahh . . . missed that one as it was somehow placed right towards the top of the list, rather than in its alphabetical place. Will merge the two.

Yeah, I don't know why it was up there.

Thank you again!

I suspect that keeping the zones within "New York City" straight is a losing battle: lots of people adding zones, and many of them visitors.

For instance, these are all the same place:

American museum of natural history
American Museum of Natural History
Museum of natural history

But I suspect that not everyone will note the "American" in the name and if you remove the "Museum of natural history" zone it will only show up again in the future.

Still, having only one New York City is a huge improvement. And really, isn't one NYC enough for everyone? ;)
Profile Image
Merged the three. Keeping the zones tidy in any large city is always tricky!
Profile Image

Yeah, I don't know why it was up there.

It probably had a 'space' before the first word/letter. That's usually enough to send a zone to the top of the list when, alphabetically, it shouldn't be there...

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.