corner corner (done) Barca doesn't exist as a city in the prov of Barcelona, spain

Forum | << Region Cleanup: Cities & Crossing Zones | << Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image
You've never heard of Barça the football team? Wow! Real Madrid neither? You must be my soulmate then, as I couldn't care less about that stuff.

European football is a niche sport in Australia. Not many really follow it. There are several other forms of football that are much more popular among the general public eg Australian Rules, rugby league, rugby union, A-League soccer etc.

Yes, I've heard of Real Madrid, just as I've heard of, say, Manchester United. It's a world famous sporting team. I would have guessed that Barcelona would probably have had a team too but I wouldn't have been able to tell you what it was called (let alone its nickname!).

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Where *does* it exist, if it exists at all? Your request needs to be more specific.
Profile Image
Ha ha ha Barça is a short name for Barcelona... as in the football team, see.?It's not a place, it's just a short name for the city of Barcelona. Imagine listing NY under New York, as if that was the actual name of the city of New York.
Profile Image
Ha ha ha Barça is a short name for Barcelona... as in the football team, see.?It's not a place, it's just a short name for the city of Barcelona.

Well, this illustrates perfectly the international nature of the Bookcrossing website. You are based in Spain but I am not - I'm in Australia. I have never heard of Barça as a short name for Barcelona, not even for the football team. That's why a clear explanation is required for requests - what may be perfectly obvious to you as a local may not be for someone on the other side of the world trying to help fix any problems.

At any rate, Barca has now been consolidated into Barcelona.
Profile Image
You've never heard of Barça the football team? Wow! Real Madrid neither? You must be my soulmate then, as I couldn't care less about that stuff.
Profile Image

European football is a niche sport in Australia. Not many really follow it. There are several other forms of football that are much more popular among the general public eg Australian Rules, rugby league, rugby union, A-League soccer etc.

Yes, I've heard of Real Madrid, just as I've heard of, say, Manchester United. It's a world famous sporting team. I would have guessed that Barcelona would probably have had a team too but I wouldn't have been able to tell you what it was called (let alone its nickname!).

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.