corner corner USA > Florida > Fort Myers

Forum | << Region Cleanup: Cities & Crossing Zones | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

USA > Florida > Fort Myers

I noticed a few listings under Fort Myers, FL that could use some attention.

There are several listings for Publix (Publix Grocery Store, Publix Supermarket) that could be consolidated under just Publix.

Traveling to Iraq for a soldier - wouldn't that go under Iraq? Anyway, there are 2 identical listings for it.

There is one Toyota dealer in Fort Myers - Autonation Toyota of Fort Myers. There are separate listings for Toyota & Fort Myers Toyota waiting room that could perhaps be consolidated.

Macaroni Grill Restaurant & Macaroni Grill Restaurant ladies' room could be consolidated.

There are 2 listings for Cypress Lake Middle School.

Mid-Island Laundromat is on Fort Myers Beach, a separate town.

Fort Myers Beach Post Office should be under Fort Myers Beach.

Pink Shell Beach Resort is on Fort Myers Beach.

Kmart in North Fort Myers should be under North Fort Myers, a separate town.

And Koreshan State Park is in the town of Estero.

Thanks!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I noticed a few listings under Fort Myers, FL that could use some attention.

There are several listings for Publix (Publix Grocery Store, Publix Supermarket) that could be consolidated under just Publix.

Traveling to Iraq for a soldier - wouldn't that go under Iraq? Anyway, there are 2 identical listings for it.

There is one Toyota dealer in Fort Myers - Autonation Toyota of Fort Myers. There are separate listings for Toyota & Fort Myers Toyota waiting room that could perhaps be consolidated.

Macaroni Grill Restaurant & Macaroni Grill Restaurant ladies' room could be consolidated.

There are 2 listings for Cypress Lake Middle School.

Mid-Island Laundromat is on Fort Myers Beach, a separate town.

Fort Myers Beach Post Office should be under Fort Myers Beach.

Pink Shell Beach Resort is on Fort Myers Beach.

Kmart in North Fort Myers should be under North Fort Myers, a separate town.

And Koreshan State Park is in the town of Estero.

Thanks!

Profile Image

Bump

Profile Image
I went in to look at the listings for Fort Myers, and got sidetracked by the Florida listings, which included a LOT of duplicate towns. I'm consolidating those now. As for the ones you mention, since I don't know the area it's not easy to tell which ones are duplicates and which are for same-name/different-address - the Publix entries, for example. Google showed me three different stores in the area by that name, so I'd guess that not all of the "Publix" entries should be consolidated.

Will check back on these once the city list is tidied up.

Oh, it does help if you post links to at least some of the zones in question; saves the region editors from having to click down through the go-hunting pages to find them. And in cases where there are lots of similar entries but only a couple of them really need merging, links can simplify that!
Profile Image
Edited to add a thought: Couldn't the Publix listings be listed under just Publix, with the address or location in the release note? Just wondering, as that's how I usually handle it when I release a book at a place with multiple addresses. If I create the zone, I just put "see release note for address" on the address line. Seems simpler to me (but what do I know? :-) ).

Profile Image
Edited to add a thought: Couldn't the Publix listings be listed under just Publix, with the address or location in the release note? Just wondering, as that's how I usually handle it when I release a book at a place with multiple addresses. If I create the zone, I just put "see release note for address" on the address line. Seems simpler to me (but what do I know? :-) ).

It's certainly fine to create general-purpose release zones as you describe, but it's also OK to create specific zones for each different location - and since people making release notes to "Publix on Main St." probably won't bother to mention Main St. in their text, merging all the releases into a general-purpose one would lose some of the location info. (That's always a risk when consolidating release zones anyway, but when the zones are not actually duplicates, I'm not sure it's worth the effort. The opinions of other region editors may differ, of course {wry grin}.)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.