corner corner China

Forum | << Region Cleanup: Cities & Crossing Zones | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

China

China > n/a > Nanjing:
Nanjing is the capital city of Jiangsu. This city/zone already exists in the correct province.

China > Jiangsu:
I think Wuxi city can be merged into Wuxi. There might be a slight difference between the city/the city + surrounded area, but I don't think it is relevant here on BC (the difference is not marked for other cities here on BC), and it doens't seem to be the case here based on BC zones.

Complete Thread

Profile Image

China

China > n/a > Nanjing:
Nanjing is the capital city of Jiangsu. This city/zone already exists in the correct province.

China > Jiangsu:
I think Wuxi city can be merged into Wuxi. There might be a slight difference between the city/the city + surrounded area, but I don't think it is relevant here on BC (the difference is not marked for other cities here on BC), and it doens't seem to be the case here based on BC zones.
Profile Image

RE: China

-- Wild Release Somewhere in China --

- Beijing: to be merged with China > Beijing.
*Additionally, there are several places to visit the Great Wall, and Badaling is one of those (the most famous one). I am not quite sure if "Great Wall" can be merged with Badaling.
*"Diplomatic Housing Compound" is a bit vague, but a lot of the ambassies and diplomatic compounds are located in 朝阳 [Chaoyang]. Maybe these two can be merged too (to be decided by the volunter in charge of this zone).
*Same, the "Friendship Store" is located in 朝阳 [Chaoyang].

- Guilin: is located in the province Guangxi (BTW, there are already 2 Guilin in the province Guangxi, you can merge this Guilin with those two. There are all one and the same).

- Guiyang: it's the capital city of Guizhou. This province is missing. Please add it as a province and then put Guiyang in this province.

- Xiamen: it's in Fujian province. Please merge with Xiamen already in the right province.

- Xian: is in "Shaanxi 陕西". Please merge with "Xi'an 西安" in the adequate province.

- Yangshuo: is in Guangxi (same as Guilin). Please merge with Yangshuo already existing in the correct province.
Profile Image
There are two China > Beijing > Beijing. The empty one can be merged in the one with all the listing.

It was too long ago when I lived in Beijing. I cannot for now help to look through all the zones in Beijing. I might get to it at a later date.
Profile Image
In China > Shanghai:

- French Concession: I have seen some people getting offended at this terminology. Please change to "Former French Concession".

- FengxianDistrict: please change to Fengxian District (add the space). Or to Fengxian. Not all of the other districts have the mention "districts" in them, so not quite sure if it should stay or not.

- Jiading: please add the capital letter to it (not very important, but I think it's better to homogeneize all that. Also, can add or not "district" to it, depending on how you decide to go with that.

- Min Hang District: please change to "Minhang district" or "Minhang".

- Paris: has nothing to do here.

- Shanghai: there are two Shanghai district. Please merge them. In the future, I will try to slowly go through all the zone in Shanghai to refer it to the adequate district.

- Xuhui: please add the capital letter.

Basically, all of the places mentionned here (except "Former French Concession" and "Pudong New Area") are districts. They can be called "district" or not. I think it will be better to chose one way and stick to it for all.

"Pudong New Area" is also a district, but we are used to call it area instead of disctrict in English, even though it uses the same character in Chinese.

The Former French Concession used to be an old area. It is nowaday split in the Luwan, Huangpu and Xuhui districts. But I think's it OK to keep it since it is still widely used.

Profile Image
In China > Shanghai > Shanghai:

- "24 bus stop,Nanjingxi Road": to be moved into the Jing'an District
- "Along the Bund": to be moved into the Huangpu District (to be created).
- "Ambassy Court lobby tower 2": to be moved to "Former French Concession" or Xuhui District.
- "Ancienne concession française": to be moved to "Former French Concession".
- "Asset Hotel": to be moved to "Former French Concession" or Xuhui District.
- "Astor House/Pujiang Hostel": to be moved to Hongkou.
- "azure cafe 291 panyu road shanghai": to be moved to "Former French Concession" or Xuhui District.
- "Bench outside of Portman Hotel": to be moved to "Jing'an"
- Peoples square Metro exit 11: to be moved to Huangpu District
- East Nanjing Road: to be moved to Huangpu District
- Jingan Temple (Nanjing Road): to be moved to Jing'an
- Playground at the Portman: to be moved to Jing'an
- Portman Hotel: to be moved to Jing'an
- Portman Ritz-Carlton 8F Tenant Room: C (although it is usually called the "Resident Lounge" and not the "Tenant Room". Moreover, the library has been recently moved to the new "Reading Lounge", also on the 8F.
- Portman Starbucks: to be moved to Jing'an
- SHANGHAI CENTER resident's room: is actually the same as "Portman Ritz-Carlton 8F Tenant Room". Official name is "Shanghai Center, Resident Lounge". "Shanghai Center is the name of the complex, including appartement buildings. "Portman Ritz-Carlton" is the name of the hotel located in the Shanghai Center, by which the place is usually refered to by locals. Same goes for the above mentions of "Portman". I think "Shanghai Center" would be more appropriate. Except for the hotel, which should be "Portman Ritz-Carlton".
Profile Image
At slow pace. ;)
Concernant Beijing Shi, les zones 3 à 6 sont illisibles pour moi (sur Mac et PC)
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/80944
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/78568
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/87466
contrairement à la toute dernière zone (http://www.bookcrossing.com/hunt/39/535/93965/798705). Je voudrais savoir si tu lis du chinois ou simplement des symboles comme moi, auquel cas je fusionnerai ces zones sous une zone générique de Pékin. Peut-être vaut-il mieux tester sur plusieurs ordinateurs/systèmes.

ETA: I'll try to deal with Shanghai by the end of the week.
Profile Image
Je vois aussi une succession de symboles bizarres.

PS: pour Shanghai, je n'ai pas encore eu le temps de tout voir. Je préviens donc, je risque de poster encore plus de modifications à faire par la suite...

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.